This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Feast and the Furious

This might be more of a MiM sighting. More than anything this is a rant. My usual Subway discontinued one of my favorite sandwiches. The thing is, everything that's put on this sandwich is stuff that they would need to stock anyways for some of their other sandwiches. Why would they discontinue a sandwich they can still make?

On the plus side, the manager of this store is totally cool and will still make the sandwich for me. Still a dumb move on Subway's part.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

We had this alot back at ye olde smoothie shoppe. Corp. would discontinue drinks that we could still make but weren't really selling (or in our stores case WERE selling well! We were kinda the oddball store) Wasn't a big deal as long as we knew the recipe but any noobies or other stores may not so that caused some frustrations. Just remember what goes into in AND how to order it so you're not over charged. I'm not sure how Subway is but at Y.O.S.S. you could substitute anything in a recipe so it was easy to get what you wanted cheaper.
    Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

I feel your pain. There is no longer any Subway in my city of 80,000+ residents (which means there are 75 Subways easily) that sells the seafood and crab sub. The last one to offer it, downtown, discontinued it recently.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Lvl_9_Gazebo View Post
        I feel your pain. There is no longer any Subway in my city of 80,000+ residents (which means there are 75 Subways easily) that sells the seafood and crab sub. The last one to offer it, downtown, discontinued it recently.
        'Tis like that here in my city.......at least in my direct area.

Comment

They discontinued it because they were losing massive amounts of money on that sandwich. Not only did it pretty much have a layer of every single cold meat (besides the cold cut combo), but a lot of people who ordered the sandwich would load it up with every single type of veggie we had. It was a huge loss.

When we had it, our Subway was selling it for about $10.40, but in reality considering all the meat that was put on it, it should have been at least a $15 dollar sandwich.

And some people still had the nerve to ask for double meat. (when that sandwich can't have double meat added to it)
          My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
          My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
            They discontinued it because they were losing massive amounts of money on that sandwich. Not only did it pretty much have a layer of every single cold meat (besides the cold cut combo), but a lot of people who ordered the sandwich would load it up with every single type of veggie we had. It was a huge loss.

When we had it, our Subway was selling it for about $10.40, but in reality considering all the meat that was put on it, it should have been at least a $15 dollar sandwich.

And some people still had the nerve to ask for double meat. (when that sandwich can't have double meat added to it)
            Your avatar is awesome... Source??
            There Can Be Only One

Comment

Quoth Duncan MacLeod View Post
              Your avatar is awesome... Source??
              Thank you. It's actually one of my own drawings. There's a link to my deviant art page in my sig if you'd like to take a look. That picture is also in my gallery, and the full version is even more epic. (not to toot my own horn)

Here's the direct link to the avatar drawing: http://thetigress.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d28po9m
              Last edited by TheTigress; 06-16-2011, 08:52 PM.
              My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
              My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Seafood and crab hasn't been offered in Canada for about 8 years now.
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                  Seafood and crab hasn't been offered in Canada for about 8 years now.
                  Unless you live in the Maritimes. There's usually a short span once a year where Subways around here sell a lobster sub, kinda like McDonald's does lobster rolls once a year around here as well.
                  What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I know This was the ONLY sub I ever got when I went to Subway. As a result, I've not been to one in years.
                    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Yikes, I hope the lack of seafood subs doesn't come here to Aus, I look forward to my weekly seafood! Though I do that thing of getting every vegetable, so I can understand the rationale

Comment

Lobster sub?!! *packs up and moves to Canada.*
                        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                          Unless you live in the Maritimes. There's usually a short span once a year where Subways around here sell a lobster sub, kinda like McDonald's does lobster rolls once a year around here as well.
                          Ooooo that reminds me.. I'm going to Maine in a few days... *writes note to self... "Try McD's lobster roll"*

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
                            Lobster sub?!! *packs up and moves to Canada.*
                            Slow down, hoss! You have to move to Nova Scotia for lobster, and you can have my share as well, I can't stand the stuff.

See, I wouldn't recommend trying to find a seafood sub in, say, Alberta. Alberta is where you would go for a really good steak sub.

And it wouldn't at all surprise me to find tofu as an option in some BC Subways.
                            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                              And it wouldn't at all surprise me to find tofu as an option in some BC Subways.
                              Can't say that I've seen any that have tofu, or well, anything other than the normal stuff Subway stocks, then I haven't been to all of them. Besides, I'd think salmon would be more associated with BC than tofu lol. Or in Vancouver maybe sushi? Either way I wouldn't eat them (ick seafood/sushi!). I like my veggie sub with bacon thank you very much!

Now I want a Sub
                              “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                              X