Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, I guess at least it was something to do...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I guess at least it was something to do...

Trapped for two hours down at the Department of Vital Records yesterday. That was fun. And by fun I mean...not fun.

Anyways, lady across from me while I was waiting pulled out a pair of tweezers and started working on her beard hairs.

I guess it gave her something to do (tweeze) and also me something to do (watch in morbid fascination.)

I'm not sure if I was more impressed at her lack of giving even a single shit that she was sitting there in front of God and everyone pulling out her beard hairs in a crowded public place, or the fact that she was doing this without a mirror.

No mirror, tweezers right there at the ready, and the ability to do it without looking. This seems to be a skill she has honed through serious practice.

Impressive.

I got my much needed laugh this morning. Thank you!

Comment

Quoth evillebee View Post
      I got my much needed laugh this morning. Thank you!
      Really, Bee? TBH I'm kinda disturbed that she would do this in public. What she does behind closed doors is her business, but where random strangers can see?
      Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Our local bearded lady just lets it grow,I think she might've trimmed it a bit in the last 20 years or so

No kidding,this woman has a beard,wispy though it might be,I've got a pic of her,me & another friend celebrating our b'days,I'll dig it up.
        "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

that reminds me being back in HS, and at the pool one hot summer day. There was a woman ona lounge chair nearby, and she was plucking her nether-region hair out with tweezers, in plain view of everyone!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
            Anyways, lady across from me while I was waiting pulled out a pair of tweezers and started working on her beard hairs.
            Maybe she hoping to gross out the people in front of her so that they would leave and she could get waited on sooner. Assuming the clerk wasn't also grossed out into leaving.

Hmmm... I'll have to keep that trick in mind for my next trip to the DMV. Except I'll use tweezers and nose hairs.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Nah, they take numbers around here. You take a number and wait. And, evidently, do some hair removal.

Conversations that just (and I mean JUST, as in five seconds ago) happened with husband:

Me: Hey, did you see that lady plucking her beard hairs at the vital stats place yesterday?

Husb: No. Somehow, I missed that. (he was playing with his phone)

Me: I would say one plucks beard hairs so nobody knows you have 'em. I submit to you if everyone sees you plucking them, that goal is not achieved.

Husb: No, I was looking at that fucker we practically had to climb over to get out of there.

Me: Mr. Annoying Celll Phone?

Husb: No. Mr. Obnoxious Asshole Huge Neck Tattoo wearing a wool cap in hunnert degree heat.

Me: I didn't see that guy, I was looking at the cell phone asshole by that point.

Husb. That guy was covered with tattoos, although I guess when it comes time for the cops to come get that guy, the huge orange pumpkin on his fucking neck will narrow it down. The Led Zeppelin winged Icarus on his leg will only narrow it down to about ten thousand people.

Ah, yes. Government offices.
              Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 07-06-2011, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                The Led Zeppelin winged Icarus on his leg will only narrow it down to about ten thousand people.
                Swan Song ftw!
                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

We've got a guy from the Mass. DOR sitting in the conference room auditing our sales records to make sure we don't owe back sales tax. My desk faces through a window right at him. Since doors are open he can hear everything in here.

I had to explain I wasn't laughing at him.

Then I felt obliged to explain what I *was* laughing at.

So you've just made Massachusetts tax collector laugh out loud, RK. Here's hoping he goes easier on us now.
                  Last edited by Dips; 07-08-2011, 01:58 PM. Reason: need to stop forgetting words
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

hmm. maybe she should try a home waxing kit....

not that i know anything about those

Comment

Oh god only you would run into something like that Kink. That's amazing.

Yeah totally something that needs to be done in private.

There is one woman I've run into with flea market days who has a thick ass mustache and does NOTHING to get rid of it....
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                        There is one woman I've run into with flea market days who has a thick ass mustache and does NOTHING to get rid of it....
                        Please, God, tell me the hyphen that should be there reads "thick-ass" and not "ass-mustashe." --My Sanity
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                          Please, God, tell me the hyphen that should be there reads "thick-ass" and not "ass-mustashe." --My Sanity
                          yup sorry it's on her face lol....not much better though.
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I get a few bristly chin hairs every so often, and I can pluck them with no mirror using only my fingernails.

But I do that shit either at home or at work where nobody can see me.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                              Our local bearded lady just lets it grow,I think she might've trimmed it a bit in the last 20 years or so

No kidding,this woman has a beard,wispy though it might be,I've got a pic of her,me & another friend celebrating our b'days,I'll dig it up.
                              I believe you. I had a few mustached and bearded women go through my line at the fabric store. I don't mean a few dark hairs at the corners of the mouth, I mean thick facial hair like The Edge or Johnny Depp! Made me wonder if there was something in the water...
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X