This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Night Losers

WARNING: MENTION OF SUICIDE METHODS Fair warning, don't read ahead if you're feeling stressed about Plaidman. I was feeling sensitive about the subject and so scared some scene/emo kids that were talking about it in a serious manner. If they were just being sarcastic or joking around, I'd have left them to it. Mods, please move if this decends into Fratching.

(My thoughts in italics)

Late night shopping always brings out the mallbrats, especially since our local shopping centre runs some sort of teen dance party outside every Thursday. I don't mind because some of the club kids have serious talent, but there's always some that ruin it for the rest. /bg

Wake up Fishy Kitties!
    Teenage girls, cooing over the kittens. I hear giggling as I walk past, then *bang bang bang* "Wake up Kit-tay!! Wake up naow!" *they race around to the other side* "Kitty, why won't you wake up?!?"

Aldi Adventures:
    After dealing with the usual scowls from elderly folk after they see the (hopefully last) pack of nappies in my trolley, and stocking up on vanilla yogurt, I made my way to the checkout. I was chatting with the cashier when she said those cursed words -"It's really quiet tonight!" Immediately, a gaggle of rowdy teen boys entered the store and proceeded to behave like hurricanes. We groaned at the same time and then shared a little laugh.
    They joined the queue behind me.
    Boy 1: *Happily + very loud* OMG! Did you know you can OD on ibuprofen?
    Me: Yeah, but if you survive you end up with a fucked liver and I don't think you'd enjoy THAT.
    Boy 2: *Happier + louder* Yeah, but did you know you can OD on cough syrup?
    Boy 3: *Happiest + loudest* Oh wow! I love cough syrup... I'm so going to try that, it'll be fun!
    Me: *receives change and turns to boys with my scary grin* "Yes, it's ever so much fun to feel like your stomach is ripping itself apart while you slowly die." *Thumbs up + wider grin* "Yay!"
    Boy 2: "That's wicked!"
    Me: *Straight face* "Yeah, totally."
    Boy 1: "Better than climbing a tree with a rope."
    Me: *Packing groceries on the side bench* Not really, death is pretty messy regardless of the method
    *B2 turns to B3* "How do you know this chick?"
    Boy 3: *Wide eyed* "I don't!"
    Boy 2: *Walks past with rest of group and glares at me* "Fuck, she's scary!"
    Me to Rugz: "Did he just try to insult me?"
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

First story: Poor kitties. I'll engage the kitties attention if they're awake, but otherwise they don't. It does break my heart though to see them sometimes get a claw stuck in something soft because their claws sometimes end up overgrown

Second story: They will not be laughing when they discover that they can't drink because of their liver (unless they want to die)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I have a coworker that was prescribed something for her sinus infection. Apparently the script was too strong for her system because it messed with her liver function. She spent 6 months barely eating, throwing up and turning yellow before she was feeling normal again. She also had the fun of getting poked and prodded by doctors and the joy of having a liver biopsy. Let me just say, I read aspirin directions very carefully now.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Idiots. They really don't get what it is that they're messing with.
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

"Razors pain you.
          Rivers are damp.
          Acids stain you,
          And drugs cause cramp.

Guns aren't lawful,
          Nooses give.
          Gas smells awful,
          You might as well live."

I forget the author of the poem, but .. well.

If the method isn't certain, swift, and with unconsciousness as one of the first symptoms, I'm not interested.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
            If the method isn't certain, swift, and with unconsciousness as one of the first symptoms, I'm not interested.
            I agree. I...I mean, if you're really going to do it, but...
            ..but even then, I hesitate. You'll still be dead at the end, and all.
            Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 07-09-2011, 07:15 AM. Reason: adding
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              "Razors pain you.
              Rivers are damp.
              Acids stain you,
              And drugs cause cramp.

Guns aren't lawful,
              Nooses give.
              Gas smells awful,
              You might as well live."

I forget the author of the poem, but .. well.

It's Dorothy Parker. She wrote some genius albeit dark poetry. Highly recommended.
              My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Thanks, TruthHurts.

RootedPhoenix:
                Jester and I had a PM discussion about suicide, and he pointed out to me that I'm a statistical outlier. (ie, an extremely, extremely rare case.)

Without drugs, I have anhedonia (an inability to feel happiness/joy). I also, as just about everyone here knows, have a disability that causes severe pain.
                Given that combination, it becomes unsurprising that I've researched suicide methods....
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                  It's Dorothy Parker. She wrote some genius albeit dark poetry. Highly recommended.
                  Also wrote some of the snarkiest reviews ever. "Katharine Hepburn ran the gamut of emotions from A to B."

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  anhedonia
                  I always thought that should have been the title of the Black Sabbath record that wound up being called "Paranoid" instead. Certainly fits the lyrics better.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    Without drugs, I have anhedonia (an inability to feel happiness/joy). I also, as just about everyone here knows, have a disability that causes severe pain.
                    Given that combination, it becomes unsurprising that I've researched suicide methods....
                    Erk. I'm sorry, I put my foot in my mouth. I understand now. I think that'd make anyone want to. You're very strong not to have gone through with it.
                    -----

Comment

Working...
                    X