This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even in the parking lot

So almost three years ago, my daughter was only 3 months old. I needed groceries, BAD, and my husband was at work. So my mother offered to take me grocery shopping.

We pull into the parking lot, and a car cuts us off for the maternity spot (where it specifically says women 6 months pregnant + and with children under the age of 1). We end up having to park halfway down the lot.

As we're walking down, mom notices two GIRLS (as in 17 at the most) getting out of the car. Both had concave stomachs She confronts them.

Mom: Those spots are for pregnant women and those with small children. My daughter who JUST HAD A BABY had to park on the other end of the lot
    Girl: *giggle* I'm preggers you know

And this is when mom did something I'd never think that she'd do

Mom: "What, did your boyfriend just knock you up in the back seat?"

I just stood there holding my daughters carrier going

At this point, I'd like to remind everyone not to turn this thread into a debate about parking spaces for pregnant women. Sometimes someone will make a comment about how these spaces are not legally enforceable, like handicapped spaces are, and therefore it's OK to park in them if you want. We don't want to see that here. The mod team actually balked at approving this one, not because there's anything wrong with it -- it's a good story -- but because we were concerned about it opening up a debate.

Of course, if anyone does want to debate this topic, they're welcome to do it over at Fratching.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Awesome comeback
      Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

That was a great comeback! Your mom is awesome.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I adore your mom, perfect comeback!

Comment

OMG, I hated that. Once this guy did that to me when my daughter was 6 weeks old. It was my first time out alone with her and I was nervous and it made me mad to see a single guy get out of his truck, especially when he gaveme the sheepish "Mento's smile". When i was leaving the sky opened up and it began to pour. I was standing there trying to figure put what to do when he walked outside and saw me getting ready to run through the flood with my almost newborn. At least he had the grace to look ashamed.

Side note: I happened to have been given a carseat cover with fleece on one side and a water resistant material on the other, that you could actually zip over the baby's face if needed. I did this, grabbed my groceries and ran. Baby never woke up. I loved that thing.

Comment

Your mom rules Moogles. Awesome comeback from her.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

i hate lazy bitchcunts like that.

and so to cheer you up I offer this video treat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXZs3mjGlQU

Comment

Those types of parking spaces are a courtesy, and one I agree with. I only park there in dire, true five minute in-and-outs when there's no other spots left.
                  "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                  "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth Moogles View Post

Mom: "What, did your boyfriend just knock you up in the back seat?"

Seriously... kudos!
                    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                    X