Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are you asking my husband to confirm this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you asking my husband to confirm this?

The Gaming Store I used to work at in town has sadly closed down. The main store is about 30 or so minutes away from our house, and so we have closed our comics box with them.

Went to the other comic shop closer to our house (still in another city, but shorter time to get there).

I get my comics (FTR, I got : Executive Assistant Irish, Orchid, and one other EA issue, Grimm Fairy Tales, Dream Eater Saga Parts 4 & 5 (of 12), Traiblazer, and a few other titles - mainly all for me, with like one or 2 hubs would read also). I am a comic reader. I also have bewbs.

I go up to the counter to pay for the comics. (BG:We also used to have a box with them eons ago, but closed it because of the Gaming Store./BG)

So I say: "I'd like to pay for these comics and open a comic box. Either re-open the one we used to have or open a brand new one." (Turns out we had to open a brand new one with a new number and everything).

Unbeknownst to me, hubs had come up to stand next to me. The clerk, blinks at me from behind his glasses, turns to hubs and says "Really? You want to open a box?" Aiming the question at Mr. Rum.

And he confirms it. We open the box. Which is put in Mr. Rum's name. With Mr. Rum's e-mail address. However, all the titles are for me (and Child Rum, we're going to start getting DC Comics' Tiny Titans series and the Sonic comics - yes, we're teaching our child the joy of comics reading. ). Actually, one of the titles is one that Mr. Rum started to read and I became addicted to.

But what pissed me off was that he had to confirm with hubs first. And he kept looking at hubs for the comic titles even though I was talking and telling him the titles myself.

When I start to pick up the comics on a regular basis, I might have my name added to the box.

But really .... Since when did my husband have to confirm me wanting to open a comic box?

I'd come right out and ask why he kept looking at Mr. Rum. Let the guy stumble through that one.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Ugh..it's clerks like those that make me want to slap them sometimes. I remember being talked down to like that and actually closing a box I had set up at a comic book store (long before I moved to St. Louis). The owner didn't understand that I was interested in comics, because I was a girl.

Now I just read the husband's comics and enjoy talking to him about it. The guys at the comic shop are pretty cool too.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I've had them do this to me while I was buying a mobile home (I bought a mobile home out of college) and keep talking to my broke ass, no car having ex boyfriend, who happened to be riding in MY car when I stopped in the lot.

Long story short, I did not buy a mobile home from this pig.

I ripped the guy a new asshole before leaving.

Comment

I woulda lit into the guy.

Comment

Guy needs a good verbal ass-kicking. That attitude is just not on in this day and age.

Comment

Just curious, but what is this "comics box" that you were talking about?
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Never heard of one myself, but if I hadda guess from context, I'd say it sounds like a box in which they drop new issues in requested series as they come in to the store, so you can pick them all up at once, and don't risk finding that half the titles you're reading are sold out already by the time you get there.

(Not that I ever bought that many comics. I did frequent a comic shop once, but that was only to get the new releases of Urusei Yatsura as they came out on VHS. I guess that dates me somewhat.)

Comment

Why didn't you speak up?
                  I would have.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Just curious, but what is this "comics box" that you were talking about?
                    It's where you list the comics you want the comic store to pull for you on a weekly/monthly basis. Sometimes called a comic pull or pull box. It depends on what the store calls it. It makes it convenient to get all the comics you want. The husband gets his weekly since he gets a lot.
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

fma_fanatic has it correct.

I'll be adding a lot more titles in the coming weeks, and I like just having to go up to the register, say "I have box 123" and paying for the stack they provide for me. This is particularly helpful considering that Zenescope's Grimm Fairy Tales series is right now going with the regular series and another counterpoint series at the same time. Saves on me getting confused and wondering if I have bought it already.

Ree - not sure why I didn't speak up. Stunned perhaps? The guy knew I was a comic book reader. At another comic store we used to have a box at, they asked whose name we wanted on the box (we put both of ours on that one). Was just expecting both of our names on it? I don't know. (Plus the heat completely melted my brain).

At least Mr. Rum understood why I was offended. However, he tried to make excuses for the guy. (Mainly because it's because Mr. Rum picks up the comics all the time. I rarely go, but now that I know how to get there via back roads, I'm going to be there a lot more. Besides, there's an awesome Thai place 2 stores down, so I figure I get comics & I get thai food all in one swoop. )

Comment

Wow I hate when store clerks do that to me...
                        Also...Where is new comic store? Hubs wanted me to find a good one..
                        "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

I would have sent the hubs away to a nearby store to wait for me and forced the clerk to deal with me. And I would not have stood for him using the husband's name when it's me requesting the service. Even if it's a shared service and doesn't really matter in the long run, if he's gonna be pigheaded about the fact that it's a girl requesting it, I'm gonna be pigheaded about the fact that you deal with ME and use MY information. :P

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                            The Gaming Store I used to work at in town has sadly closed down. The main store is about 30 or so minutes away from our house, and so we have closed our comics box with them.
                            [Off topic]
                            So the store in Chantilly is still open? I don't go there often, but I do like to visit it occasionally. I usually visit the Compleat Strategist in Falls Church, but they have games and no comics.

Have you tried subscribing to the comics? I did that with the Groo comic many years ago and never missed an issue.
                            [/Off topic]

As for ignoring women, many years ago Mrs. IA and I went to a financial advisor to discuss how she might invest some money she had inherited. During the entire visit the guy talked to me. not to her. He didn't get our business.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

i did something the opposite at work in the last couple of weeks.

i do try to make sure i address both parties in a couple, but with one couple it was the woman's phone (or computer, i forget which), so instead of handing stuff to the man i would hand stuff to HER to be signed.

i think they looked a little surprised. but hey it was her phone in her name. *shrug*

Comment

Working...
                              X