This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the library

This letter I've sent to the management says it all really. My aunt told me I need to tell them I'm filing a claim, however I'm not an SC and the injury isn't THAT bad.

"When I was at the library today, July 28, I ran into a plastic container/book cart that was on the side of the aisle. I have a bruised and scraped shin and two 2-3 inch cuts on my leg. When I went to the desk to get something to clean it out and let the librarians know, the librarian by the book return slot did not look at my leg at all and just handed me two small bandaids and went back to what she was doing. Is this normal policy for when someone hurts themselves on library property or an isolated incident? Either way I feel this needs to be reviewed."

Thanks for the useless bandages <.<
    Just cleaned it out. FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRE!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ow.....

Hehhehe contacted the library CEO and she is P.I.S.S.E.D. Apprently(obviously) they're supposed to fill out an accident report and do a whole bunch of other crap. Someone's in trouble >.>
    Last edited by Bramble; 07-28-2011, 07:25 PM.
    My Wajas cave

Yup. Even if it's as minor as a scrape or a cut, they need to file a report to cover their ass in case whomever comes back in a neck brace or something and files a lawsuit.
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Not to mention assessing the situation: clearly at least one person has already injured themselves there.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

In no way am I suggesting you were at fault, I'm just curious how you approached the librarian about your injury. Did you tell her you just scraped your shin or did you tell her your injury was more serious? Regardless, the librarian should've asked for clarification on your injury. But speaking from experience, some customers just run into things and act as if a minor scrape that doesn't break skin will bring the world to an end. Others just ask for a bandaid while they're literally gushing blood and require stitches. Sounds to like me the employee made some assumptions she shouldn't have.

I'm also concerned how a plastic cart could cause such an injury. I'm assuming it was a pretty big and heavy cart, but were there also sharp edges that caused the lacerations? Because that should be checked out and fixed. Just my thoughts.

Hope you heal soon. I still have a goose egg on my leg where I took a spill down some stairs at...an insurance company. (Ah the irony ) I never broke skin, but it got infected and I may forever have a dark bruise on my shin. Fun times.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I walked up to her and told her that I was not the most graceful person in the world and had hurt my leg. I even turned my leg and stood where you could clearly see it if you actually took half a second to look at it -.- Also yes it was one of the big greyblue plastic bins they store books in by the reference desks. It has edges on all sides.
          My Wajas cave

Comment

That would explain why people try to flag me down when I do things like that in their establishments... lol.

I usually just say "Woops, my bad" and hoof it out the door bleeding X>

Comment

Working...
            X