Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer Standard Time works in reverse.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Standard Time works in reverse.

This is a story told from my CW.

CW calls me about a particular room I checked in a few days ago. According to what the SC told my CW, they checked in, and immediately checked out. I told my CW that no one checked out on my shift. After some more investigation, the SC had actually used the bathroom and shower.

So the SC wants a refund even though he used the room. Nuh uh. Not going to happen.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Do the computers show the exact check-in, check-out times or just dates? Can you prove they had the room for 3 or 4 hours, for example? Hopefully!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

The computer has time stamps, but the stamp for the checkout time is kinda pointless. It only shows when they were checked out on the computer. Since he never came by the desk, he was kept in the system longer than he was actually in the room.

What we found out through the security tapes is that they never came by the desk and had left out another exit.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        What we found out through the security tapes is that they never came by the desk and had left out another exit.
        He's lucky you guys knew he left at all -- he could easily have wound up paying for several days, and it would have been his own fault. A real mind there...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          He's lucky you guys knew he left at all -- he could easily have wound up paying for several days, and it would have been his own fault. A real mind there...
          We do express checkouts so a lot of guests don't stop by the desk. HK can usually tell if a room is checked out of.

Comment

Working...
          X