This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chubby Haters

Now, I am rather chunky.. I am 5 foot Eleven (I spelled out eleven so people don't think I accidentally added an extra 1) and I weigh 260 pounds.. I'm also pregnant (Not very pregnant so no weight gain so far from it)..

Anyways, I was grocery shopping at Wally World the other day (I really should learn not to grocery shop while hungry) plus, I've been craving a lot of junk food. I had a buggy full of food of all types from the raw ingredients to a good meal to the convience stuff like canned soup and pasta, and junk food, lots and lots of junk food. I was in the freezer section getting some of those Magnum Ice Cream bars. This man was watching me as I tossed a couple of boxes of the ice cream bars in my buggy then stood there scrutinizing the contents of my buggy, he walks up to me, looks me up and down and says:

Douche Bag: Gotta a lot of junk in your cart I see

Ok, I don't see what business it is of yours

Me: Yes I do

DB: If you cut back on it you might be able to lose weight

Did I say I wanted to lose weight?

Me: Oh no.. We can't have that!

I grabbed a couple of pints of Dulce De Leche ice cream and a whole Lemon Pie and put it in my buggy.

DB looks at me with a pissed off look on his face

Me: Fat Shaming doesn't work on me.. I am perfectly happy being this size, it means I don't have to exercise or eat any yucky healthy stuff

( I am trying to eat healthier due to being pregnant, but what can I say? My stomach owns me.)
    Last edited by HappyFun Ball; 09-05-2011, 10:44 PM.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Another one worth trying - though I love yours - is "I buy the healthy stuff at farmers' markets. Nice and fresh there. Supermarkets are my junk food runs."

Then peer into his cart, give him as good a sneer as he gave you, and walk off.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Frankly, I favor the "fuck off, asshole," approach. Sorry for the language but it's not only none of his business, it's extremely rude of him to say that to you.

You could also try something like, "And if you had a face transplant, you might be good-looking."

What the hell makes people think it's okay to tell strangers stuff like this??
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Looking someone straight in the face and telling them they are way out of line and you aren't having this conversation with some rude stranger goes a long way to snapping the asshole back to reality.

Comment

Haters gonna hate, but that doesn't mean you have to take it. Good for you for standing up to him.

I used to let the fat shaming get to me, but now that the husband and I are going to the gym, I don't let them get to me.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

OMG

How on earth does any human being (and in his case I use the term loosely) think that what another person has in their shopping cart is any of their business? Not to mention the sheer illogic of thinking they know who will be eating what is in a person's cart - a significant other with munchies, your seven kids, the attendees of your annual block party & bagpipe review, or even aliens who are abducting you nightly?

I think I'd have followed him around the store, picking up off the shelf one of each item he put into his own cart, reading the ingredients, and commenting on each and every item - "boy, this sure is high in sodium, that isn't healthy, especially in someone who could have high blood pressure" and "my, the fat content of this is quite high, not considered good for cholesterol levels" and "oh my, this definitely doesn't fit in with a proper balanced diet" and "oh, this is definitely lacking in fibre, you really dont' want that to be nice and regular"......... When confronted, just tell him since he was so very concerned about your health and welfare, he must care very deeply for you, and you just wanted to return the favour and make sure he eats as healthily as possible

Or at the original statement from him, there's the tried and true response - "Sir, I could always lose weight at any time should I ever choose to do so - you, however, can never change the fact that you are a total a**h***e, as personality transplants are still beyond modern medical science".

Geez, does anyone with any intelligence (ok, nevermind, doesn't apply in this case) really think a total stranger is going to suddenly see the light and proclaim for all the world (or at least Safeway) to hear "Oh thank you, kind sir, you've shown me the error of my ways, I shall in future strive to control my demon impulses and attempt to shape my body to fit your ideas of human beauty standards" ?

Sorry you had to be subjected to that.

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
              "Oh thank you, kind sir, you've shown me the error of my ways, I shall in future strive to control my demon impulses and attempt to shape my body to fit your ideas of human beauty standards"
              Okay, if someone tries that with me, I am so totally going to say this. Followed by a swift kick to the junk.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Me: "Can I see your ID?"

Douche: "Why?"

Me: "So I know if you're officially Food Police. If you're not, get the fuck away from me."

Comment

What a self-righteous asshole. I would've laid out to him this (Courtesy of Orson Wells)" I can lose weight, you'll still be a jerk".
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Douchebag: "Gotta lot of junk in your cart, I see"

You: "gotta lot of shit in your head, I see"

Seriously, people should just not do that. You could've been shopping for a party for all he knows!
                    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
                      DB: If you cut back on it you might be able to lose weight
                      "And if you keep on sticking your nose in my business, you might be able to lose teeth."
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Frankly, I favor the "fuck off, asshole," approach.
                        Me too.
                        I have issues with being fat, I have been working on it for years and I am losing weight - but not enough yet.
                        ANYONE who jokes about my weight, ANYONE except for my wife and my closest friend, gets my rage.
                        And I know I can be scary.
                        FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          What the hell makes people think it's okay to tell strangers stuff like this??
                          Because they think they can get away with it.

I have a bit of a "spare tire" myself, but I've been trying to eat better and work out more. It's difficult, since most of the "healthy" food...is more expensive, and (usually) tastes like shit. It's also difficult...because my knees are failing, and my cooking skills suck.

Just last week, I had some rather large woman tell me that I shouldn't be buying so many microwaveable meals since "they contain so much fat, you know...and you should lose a couple pounds."

Are you fucking kidding me? First off, you look like you ate a Toyota for breakfast. Second, you have *no* right to say *anything* about anyone's weight. I don't give a rat's ass about someone's weight, but once you've made a comment like that...I don't have to be nice to you. That's why I told her to avoid the beach. Greenpeace might attempt to tow her ass back into the ocean

When I said that, she looked like she was going to cry. I was rude back, but she deserved it. There was really no call for what she said to me. I don't give a shit if someone is overweight. Nor do I go around making fun of people because of it. Again, I'm a bit on the "round" side myself...so I *know* what it feels like. Don't want me to reply with a rude answer? Then leave me alone and let me shop in peace.
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I don't seem to get those kinds of "ugh, fat person, make them go away" looks, but then, I've mentioned my aura of "don't piss me off" that keeps the assholes of the world away.

But yeah, if someone had tried to make snide remarks about what I was buying to my face, I would have flat out said, "What business is it of yours?" and turned my back and walked away.

Quoth protege View Post
                            That's why I told her to avoid the beach. Greenpeace might attempt to tow her ass back into the ocean

When I said that, she looked like she was going to cry.
                            PWNED.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post

PWNED.
                              I liked the "ate a Toyota for breakfast" myself.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X