This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for telling me what I want.

This was just a little annoying. I'd gone to this supply place for rabbit food a few weeks ago and saw that they had small bales of cut hay. I go back with the BF yesterday for more rabbit supplies and a bale of hay. However, all I can find now are bales of alfalfa and timothy. I don't want that as primary food because it's rich and I don't want the rabbits getting too fat; I want the hay as something to play with, chew on, nest with. Not to mention, those bales are $17 whereas the hay had been around $5. First I had to grab the employee, who was pointedly ignoring us as he talked with a woman; we waited patiently, but as soon as he finished with her he turned away from us and almost ran down the isle; we had to ask him to wait. I asked him where the hay was, and he brings me to the alfalfa and timothy. I said no, I was looking for the hay they had, or was that out of stock? He asked what was it for. I said rabbits, and started to ask about the price of the chopped horse hay next to the bales, but he turned and walked away and I found him in the pet isle, showing me the small bags of timothy/alfalfa for pet rabbits/hamsters/gerbils. These things are $8 a piece. I explained that I actually had a hutch, and needed more than this, but wasn't interested in anything but hay because I didn't want it too rich and it was mainly for bedding/nesting...He cut me off with:

"No, THIS is what you want." And said that he has 2-pet rabbits and gives them this all the time, blah blah blah. At that point my BF was through with me being polite as we were in a hurry, and said loud enough for the employee to hear, that we could get some hay from his aunt's farm.

I'll also mention that at check-out there were 2-registers, one in use, the other open. The employee that had 'helped' us was at the open one, but on the phone. Even though there was a line at the manned register, as soon as he hung up the phone he darted off from the register like a...well a rabbit. The guy on the one other register was going as fast as he could.

I was annoyed, and the BF was pissed because the Employee didn't seem to care what we wanted, he wanted us to do things HIS way, because that's the way he had stuck in his head.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Let management know what an ass that guy is.

Not only did he actively try to avoid having to help you at all, but he then essentially told you that you didn't know what you were talking about while ignoring what you'd actually said.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

What a jerk.

My sister has to order hay online because the stores around here are out of stock half the time. It's a pain but at least she gets what she wants.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Definitely let management know. Let them know if they keep him they may be driving off customers with service like that.

Comment

Is what you were asking for straw for bedding and not hay for eating? It may have been him thinking one thing and you meaning another. It doesn't give him reason to keep insisting on what you told him you didn't want.
          "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Working...
          X