Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She may complain, but *I* loved the service!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She may complain, but *I* loved the service!

I was hanging out at my favorite bar, when a woman (a part of the 2 couples seated next to me) asked for a menu. A few minutes later, she places the menu in front of her, closed. Good signal for I'm ready, right?

Bartender: "What can I get for you?"
    Woman: "Oh I just can't decide! Honey, will you be sharing with me? blah blah blah..."
    Bartender walks away.
    Woman: "HEY! I was about to order."

Uh, no you weren't, you were wasting the 'tender's time. When she asks you what you want after giving the signal you are ready...ORDER!

I've heard of stories just like that. The dumb customer complaining that they were getting ready to order even if it takes them as long as half an hour to decide what to want from the menu. When I go to a restaurant and can't make up my mind quite yet, I ask the waitress politely if she can come back in five more minutes and she happily agrees, having plenty of tables to wait on in the meantime, and also pleased by how nice I am about it. I always leave big tips for those kind of people. They work very hard, endure a lot of abuse from sucky customers, so I'm determined that this ONE customer(myself) will at least make their day.

Comment

I used to hate people that did that when I waitressed! It's not too hard to say come back in 5 is it?
      My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!!

Either make up your mind and order or let the waiter come back as you make up your mind. It's not rocket science!

Comment

Has no one heard of writing your order down before you make it? It works for me, quite well.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
          X