This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No I will not walk your children to school

On my way to work this morning (as an aide in a sped classroom), I intersected a woman walking with her 3 children. She stops me and asks if I work at the school. I tell her yes and she then proceeds to ask me if I can take her children the rest of the way to the school. Three things to consider here:

1. I don't start working until 8:30.
    2. I'm not risking myself for being held liable god forbid anything happen to the children you're too lazy to walk with
    3. Walk your own kids!

At least it took a month to see my first parenting fail.

Stupid mother: "Do you work at _____ ?"

Local pedo: "Yes, I do"

Stupid mother: "Will you walk my kids to school?"

Local Pedo: "I'd be HAPPY to!"
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

So, how did you handle that one?

Comment

Well I don't start work for an hour and I charge $40/hr for babysitting service, so $40x3 kids is $120 please. (Might as well teach her that public education does not mean slaves/free. )

Or another option: Sure, but I'll have to stop into the strip club and pick up BF/GF's paycheck. You don't mind that your kids are tagging along, do you?
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

That woman is just begging for trouble if she keeps that up. It's one thing to ask your assistant, or someone who both you and the child has known for years, to take them to school. And even then, there's some risk. But a complete stranger? Shouldn't ever happen!
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

You never see a happy medium with parents, the are either way too over protective or not protective at all.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

plus if something happens... she'll expect the school to cover the medical costs but the school won't because the employee wasn't authorized to do that.

and if something happens the employee is also not authorized to get the kids medical help.

just thinking of my own parents. they have medical authorization forms for both of the grandkids that they keep in a folder in the van (sis's & bil's children). ... so if anything happens to the kids with them, they have legal authority to get them medical attention.

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
                You never see a happy medium with parents, the are either way too over protective or not protective at all.
                That's a bit of a generalization.

I'm sure there are lots of parents who manage to fall somewhere in the middle with just the right amount of protectiveness for their child.
                Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

She's just asking for something nasty to happen. Who in their right mind asks a practical stranger to walk their kids to school?

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                    Stupid mother: "Do you work at _____ ?"

Local pedo: "Yes, I do"

Stupid mother: "Will you walk my kids to school?"

Local Pedo: "I'd be HAPPY to!"
                    Yeah, I'm guessing the chance for that to happen would be pretty minuscule...

Still, *major* entitlement issues with that woman!
                    You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Quoth Canarr View Post
                      Yeah, I'm guessing the chance for that to happen would be pretty minuscule...

Still, *major* entitlement issues with that woman!
                      perhaps but.... in the original post the parent didn't know if JJC worked there or not and had to ask.

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
                        Well the happy medium would be parents that properly attend to their kids and thus rarely make enough waves to be noticeable.

The not protective at all tend to let the kids run wild drawing your attention, and the over protective ones tend to get in your way while they guard their kids, also drawing attention.

Comment

and the psychotic ones do both... let the kids run wild until someone else says something.. and *then* they try to protect the kid... from being scolded from strangers.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            and the psychotic ones do both... let the kids run wild until someone else says something.. and *then* they try to protect the kid... from being scolded from strangers.

Or they don't believe you when you tell them their pwecious did something wrong.

"Not MY angel! He would NEVER steal/jaywalk/murder a hooker!"

Comment

While it's unlikely that the stranger this mother asks would turn out to be Pedobear, there's a lot of mothers who seem to be overly paranoid about meeting Pedobear. I remember in a magazine reading about a woman who always drove her teenage daughters to school cuz, and I quote, "The public bus is full of pedophiles". O_o

I rode on public buses to school for three years til the school got a school bus, and never saw a single pedophile. Then again, they generally don't wear t-shirts emblazened with the legend, "I Am Here To Molest Your Kids"...
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                              X