This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidity isn't covered under the warranty

I overheard Useless, my now former (thankfully) CW on the phone yesterday. For most of the day. Useless is a snowflake of the extra-special variety. He never should pay for anything, whether it be repairs to anything, as it's never HIS fault, and he always should be given some sort of discount, or something for some perceived inconvenience. Not to mention he will talk around and around and around. I feel horrible for any CS or other person who has the misfortune to answer his calls.

So now to the story. His child is away at school, and had damaged his computer. Which is from the "fruit" company. So son takes it into the "fruit" store, and the diganosis is over $500 to fix. well, that does NOT sit will with Useless so he calls the fruit company directly, and whines and wheedles, etc. how it should be covered, and he needs to talk to someone, and how he is so special he can't wait on hold, blah, blah, blah. From what I gathered, they told him he needed to deal directly with the fruit store. Which I don't think he liked, as he wanted resolution NOW.

So that's over, and another CW comes over to ask if I've heard the fruit saga, and I said yes. She then clued me in to the fact it wasn't his child's, but that his child had dumped some type of liquid on someone ELSE's computer, and he felt that the estimate was too high, and he couldn't afford it, so the company shoudl cover it. Best of all, the store manager would not take his calls! hahahahahaha Um no. it was an unfortunate accident, and stupidity is not covered! I haven't heard anything today, but I'm sure he will be back on the phone as i don't think he got the reslution he was looking for.

o so basically he has to pay up for his child's behavior and doesn't want to fork the money over.

sounds like the computer owner needs to take the fruit-estimate to petty court if jerk-off refuses to pay it.

Comment

I think that pretty much sums it up. Yeah, he doesn't like to pay for ANYTHING. Any tiny blip, like someone says it shoudl arrive between this day and that day, if its not there on the day he thinks it should be, but within the estimated time, he wants a discount. He's one of those.

Comment

I'm betting he'd also bitch and whine if someone else's son came over and spilled water on HIS computer.... and be pissed off if the that child's parent was trying to get out of paying up for it.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          I'm betting he'd also bitch and whine if someone else's son came over and spilled water on HIS computer.... and be pissed off if the that child's parent was trying to get out of paying up for it.
          He would indeed. He was not in today, so I don't know what happened, but my guess is he (or child) will have to cough up the money to fix it.

Comment

o wait, i re-read this and the "child" is... in college?

sounds like he needs to grow the fuck up and learn about how to not treat other people's shit

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              o wait, i re-read this and the "child" is... in college?

sounds like he needs to grow the fuck up and learn about how to not treat other people's shit
              Yes. Child is in college. And it may very well have been an accident, but the fact Daddy had to get involved leads me to believe child tried, found out it was going to be pricy, and called Daddy, who then called to try and get the company to cover it. Warranty or not, I don't know, but something like that is NEVER covered. But he's very special.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                Yes. Child is in college. And it may very well have been an accident, but the fact Daddy had to get involved leads me to believe child tried, found out it was going to be pricy, and called Daddy, who then called to try and get the company to cover it. Warranty or not, I don't know, but something like that is NEVER covered. But he's very special.
                Extended warranties sometimes cover stupidity damage - the one for my phone and the one for my glasses both do. But then he'd be paying extra for the extended warranty, which doesn't sound like something he'd do.
                It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                  Extended warranties sometimes cover stupidity damage - the one for my phone and the one for my glasses both do. But then he'd be paying extra for the extended warranty, which doesn't sound like something he'd do.
                  Yeah, I don't know if the kid who's computer was damaged even had any type of extended warranty. I know sometimes they do, IF you pay extra, but this was just the case of CW not wanting to own up to his child's responsibility.

Comment

Good luck getting anything free or cheap out of fruit company...LOL. Dipshit.
                    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X