This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillbilly at Subway

I mean, I live in a very smart part of the state here. Many, many small unincorporated or tiny little towns of less than a few thousand people. But hell, even a town of 2,000 people has a Subway.

I can't fathom how someone hasn't been to a Subway before, or if that's not the case, how ordering a sandwich can be the most mind boggling difficult task....and why basic manners never seem to be used at Subway by customers.

As usual, I get behind some idiot in line who has either never been to a Subway, or ordering a sandwich for them is like trying to do trigonometry in second grade.

"Ah want wheat bread!"

The poor teenaged Subway girl asks, "Footlong or six inch?"

"Ah want Roooooast Beef!"

"Is that a footlong or six inch sir?"

"Roast Beef!"

"Sir, did you want a footlong or six inch?"

"Footlong. WHEAT bread!"

Wow. That sure was hard.

He hemmed. And hawed. At cheese. Took him a good minute to decide what kind of cheese he wanted. I can't be certain, but he's looking and acting like a stereotypical hillbilly. Aren't we supposed to be cheese connoiseurs in this state?!

And that wasn't even the worst part.

He wanted bacon with the sandwich. The girl asked "Did you want the bacon toasted seperately, or with the sandwich?" (some sandwiches maybe you just want the meat toasted and not your bread or whatever).

"Ahhh wah?"

"Did you want your whole sandwich toasted, or just the bacon?"

"Ahhh want tha whole thing toasted! Why would ye just toast the bacon?!"

And don't forget the hemming a hawwwing over veggies. And that he nearly blew a gasket over Subway not having green olives.

Criminey.

I was super, super overly polite to the girl, hoping I'd show Larry the Cable Guy's uncle that he was being an uncivilized boar, but of course, that did no good. He probably thinks it's totally normal to treat people like that.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

I can see not knowing what you want on a sandwich if you really can't decide that one time, but it isn't rocket science. It doesn't take a special degree to order anything from any place. If a person is not sure what they want, or what a place has on certain things, ask.

Then again, that could be just me.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

After working next to a Subway for 6 months I am fully convinced that place just attracts the dumbest people. It would amaze me how the simple things make brains just shut down. Cheese? uuuuhhh......the yellow one? I want the green veggies!

Green olives though? I've never seen a sandwich place with those. Black olives yes, but never the green.
      Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

I want: A footlong sub, Italian herb & cheese. Oh, you don't have it, then I'll have Montery Cheddar. This is an easy sub, and I'll teach you every step.

Start with the marina sauce, on the bottom, please. Think of this like a pizza. Then I'll have pepperoni. Seven slices, by tradition. No other meat is needed, thank you. Swiss cheese, if you please. Yes, I will have bacon today, thank you. Toasted, naturally. Now just onions and a considerable amount of parmesan. Please don't cut it; I don't want to eat traces of someone else's sub. Two cookies and a drink, please, both sugar cookies. They usually ring this up as a variation of a spicy Italian.

There. That's my usual Subway order. It almost never changes. Is it too complicated or hard?
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

subway is so visual that people really don't have any excuse... worst case scenario, start pointing at what you want, so I can never understand why it is so hard for people.

My order does vary, but most often, footlong spicy italian on either wheat or rosemary and sea salt, with pepperjack cheese, toasted, with lettuce, tomato, onion, green peppers, mayo, oil, vinegar, salt, and oregano. No cookie or chips, just a small soda. that is $7, here's my visa card and my subway rewards card. Total time to go through the line, just over two minutes. Even when I do something different, it doesn't take more than 3 minutes.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I'm a picky eater, and usually stick to pretty plain sandwiches. Most of the people at the Subway I go to already know what I like, they only have to ask me which meat I want that day, and some of them even know that I don't have it toasted during the work week. LOL.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
              Green olives though? I've never seen a sandwich place with those. Black olives yes, but never the green.
              Some Mr. Sub's I've been too have green olives, and a lot of independent sandwich shops do. I like black olives just as much, and they're perfectly acceptable on a sammich, but green olives just have that special something. *sigh* And I'm cooking a chicken dinner this afternoon, but now I want a sammich.

The Hubster still thinks I'm insane for adoring them like I do. But he's the guy who likes to eat jalapenos straight from the jar, so he's in no position to talk.
              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I don't know why ordering something is so hard for some people, and not just in fast food joints/restaurants. Its idiotic.

Comment

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                  After working next to a Subway for 6 months I am fully convinced that place just attracts the dumbest people. It would amaze me how the simple things make brains just shut down. Cheese? uuuuhhh......the yellow one? I want the green veggies!

http://www.pitapit.com/ offers both black and green olives, but they're the only one I know that does (does a pita even qualify as a sandwich, LOL?)

Still ... for crying out loud, if they don't have the green, go with the black, or just forget the damn olives! It's a sandwich!

Comment

The Italian sub and pizza shops will totally have green olives, but yeah, nobody else seems to. Of course, fast food subs are so tasteless that a green olive would completely overpower the rest of the food. No offense to those who make the sandwiches, you aren't the ones stocking the ingredients...

Comment

Footlonghamonwholewheatnocheesenottoastedlettuceto matoesonionsgreenpeppersolivesbananapeppersalittle mustardalittlepeppernosaltpleasenomealdealthankyou haveagoodday.
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Kids, thispieceofpaper'sgotfortysevenwordsthirtysevensen tencesfiftyeightwordswewannaknowdetailsof
                        thecrimetimeofthecrimeandanyotherkindofthingyougot tasaypertainingtoandaboutthecrimeIwanttoknow
                        thearrestingofficer'snameandanyotherkindofthingyou gottasay
                        [/ATG]
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          Kids, thispieceofpaper'sgotfortysevenwordsthirtysevensen tencesfiftyeightwordswewannaknowdetailsof
                          thecrimetimeofthecrimeandanyotherkindofthingyougot tasaypertainingtoandaboutthecrimeIwanttoknow
                          thearrestingofficer'snameandanyotherkindofthingyou gottasay
                          [/ATG]
                          and he talked for 45 minutes but we didn't understand a single word that he said, but we filled out the forms and had fun playing the the pencials......

Group W bench
                          Last edited by Racket_Man; 10-11-2011, 08:20 AM.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                          X