This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Food Scam--Denied!

Went through the drive in of McD's very late last night (or rather very early this morning, around 4am. Evil Empryss was driving. She put in an order for a hamburger, medium fries, and a diet coke. I ordered apple juice.

We pay at the first window, then pull up at the 2nd to get our order. EE always checks the bag before she pulls away, and finds an extra hamburger. As she's questioning the girl at the window, the cashier from the first window runs up to tell her not to give any food to the guy behind us in line . . . he bypassed the first window and didn't pay.

He was pulling a scam, hoping the 2nd window would be so busy that they'd give him the food before the girl at the first window could warn anyone. He was foiled because EE was questioning her order because the 2nd window made a mistake.

Worked for us, she told EE to keep the hamburger, "Don't tell anyone!"
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

but wait now we know about it! lol jk. that was pretty cool. and i bet mr scammer was wearing his unhappy pants after that.

Comment

Total fail on the scammer part.. I love a good pawnage.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Oh god, people do this at my store all the freaking time. I get 2-3 per SHIFT.. not day, shift. I know some of these people just aren't paying attention, but also a lot are scammers. We usually catch them, because the screen will say paid or not paid so we know before we hand out food, but one time we were really busy and orders were getting confused and there was new people working and someone pulled this and wound up with $15 in free food. I was SO mad.

Comment

Humans seem to have degenerated. Now, more and more, people are brazenly doing things that they'd have never dared to before.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
            Humans seem to have degenerated. Now, more and more, people are brazenly doing things that they'd have never dared to before.
            I'm sure people like that think, "Oh, it's a rich corporation. They can afford to give free stuff away." Of course we all know who ends up paying for it!

Comment

Ah, the old "skip to the 2nd window" ploy. I remember that one well. Rarely worked, though. Another stupid scammer ploy was to try and tell the cashier that "the car behind me is paying". Um, no, we don't do that. You pay, or you don't get the food. Thanks for playing!

Comment

I saw a video on Youtube years ago, where some guy was teaching the world how to scam free food at a drive thru.. A real douche!

Basically he would pull up to the window or speaker and say sorry forgot my wallet (or something similar) I am just going to drive straight through, and then he'd pull up at the collections window and take whatever food they handed out.. I had my doubts that his vid was even real, and probably a set up/fake.. but to think that there are all these people out there now trying this crap just annoys me!

I'm sure most places have some kind of contingency for when this happens, but I feel sorry for the occasional person who falls for it..
                "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

Working...
                X