X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuation of part sighting/part general work

General work on Wednesday:

Co-worker received a progressive disciplinary warning for a mistake he had previously made at work http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=82694 plus other mistakes, & for not having enough spots for the events on my shift for Tuesday.

Then around 5:10 p.m. a vehicle parked next to the concret barrier that is to the right of the visitor parking booth. It was erected several years ago to prevent anyone from going around the visitor parking booth. Someone got out of the car & went somewhere else. In the meantime cars were able to enter & exit. Several minutes later Andrea calls me on her call phone & bitches to me about the following 1) she honked her horn to get my attention at the exit gate *she had apparently already exited* & 2) to let the driver into the garage. She ended the call. Shortly after that the person who left returned with a white access card in her hand. Turns out she works at the university. So I called the parking office to let them know what happened. I was told to e-mail Andrea. Great . So I did. The next day Andrea replies to me e-mail stating 1) the car was blocking the driveway, 2) other cars could not enter & exit *even though she was able to*, & 3) she does not want this to happen again. So now I have to tell people who do that that they cannot do that. What is the best way for me to handle this? Andrea never gives suggestions.

Friday sighting:

Visitor parking was once again reserved for events...several events. One particular event was sponsored by the Social Sciences dept. One guest who was here for that event told my co-worker when she arrived "I need to park." Going by what she told him, he told her that visitor parking was reserved. She found other parking, but she told the Social Sciences dept. that she was turned away for their event. The Social Sciences dept. called the parking office to let them know what happened. They then called me co-worker with the complaint. He told them that the person did not tell him what she was here for. Then there was the incident with the customer at the exit gate while my co-worker was assisting a customer at the window. The customer at the exit gate had inserted his token into the "box" at the exit gate, but the gate did not raise. The customer pressed the call button, & the parking office had to raise the gate. The parking office called my co-worker, & told them what happened. They were not happy about the fact that they had to raise the exit gate. My co-worker told them that he was assisting a customer at the window. He was told that he is supposed to also assist customers at the exit gate. So he called our immediate supervisor who told him from now on when that happens to 1) tell the customer at the booth window that he has to leave to assist a customer at the exit gate & then 2) return to the booth to continue assisting that customer.

I need out.

Yes, you do. This place seems to be diving into madness.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Your supervisors just take the customer's word for everything while tossing you under the bus, don't they?

I mean, if you're going to hire someone to do a job, they should, after the initial training, have some authority and trust to do their job right. If not, why the hell did you hire them in the first place? By all means, listen to the customers, but also listen to your employees, too! Sheesh!
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

2) other cars could not enter & exit *even though she was able to*,
        which makes me wonder what she'd do if you pointed out she was able to exit...

Comment

Good grief these people are crazy & so are their processes. Get the heck out of there! :/
          Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
          What's the difference?
          We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
          X