This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch your language, buddy...

So, a while back, I had to call my cell company because they screwed up our bill when their calling plans changed, but existing customers were allowed to keep their current ones. Having dealt with them the previous month, when I was assured the error would be corrected "on the next bill", I knew what to expect going into the call. I had the letter in hand with all my notes from the previous call and the customer service representative kept insisting a)I had NEVER received such a letter because b)they weren't offering any such "deal" and c)my math (as well as the previous rep's) was wrong even IF they had offered such a "deal". Finally, after going round and round with him for a while, I simply asked to speak to a supervisor (mind you, I NEVER raised my voice to him, although he WAS getting rather snippy with me and even told me "Ma'am, you don't know what you're talking about"). Thinking he had put me on hold, I hear him say "G-d-D---, this lady is a F-ing B----!" THEN, he HUNG UP ON ME!!! I was NOT happy!!! I waited a few minutes to call back and IMMEDIATELY asked for a supervisor...the CS rep initially tried to help me, but after I said "No thank you, the previous rep just called me a F-ing B and hung up on me, I want your supervisor", they transferred me. After speaking to the supervisor, who was falling all over himself apologizing, I informed him that I would ALSO be writing a letter to the CEO, which I did. Of course, my bill wasn't corrected the following month, so just for fun, I asked for the rep that called me the "endearing term" and was informed that "he was no longer working there"

Someone needs to learn to use the mute button.

In many conference calls, Boss Man, Other MOD, or myself would start some snarky remark, stop ourselves, double-check the mute button, and then proceed to cuss out whichever idiot or whatever idiotic policy was being discussed.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      from my call center days, you NEVER rely on the mute button....
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

What a knucklehead!

And you're right-never rely on the mute button. I just think real hard about asshattery.
        Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

not to mention... the letter IN YOUR HAND was never sent?

so it just materialized out of thin air?

and that's why i refer to my customers as gentlemen, men, ladies, or women... until I'm nowhere near them (or nowhere near the phone)... and usually i save the worst for here.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            so it just materialized out of thin air?
            )
            Probably came by Owl. The Rep was obviously a Muggle!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post

In many conference calls, Boss Man, Other MOD, or myself would start some snarky remark, stop ourselves, double-check the mute button, and then proceed to cuss out whichever idiot or whatever idiotic policy was being discussed.
              rofl. How true. I've learned the wonders of the mute button with some guests. And have been known to give the finger to them but they can't see it. It feels so good, but what I really want to do is tell them off.

Glad that guy was fired.

Comment

Bahahaha - I posted this (reverse) situation the other day on Facebook; why one should never trust the mute button!
                I'm talking to an IT guy at the customer's site, and he obviously thought he'd muted me or moved the phone away; but I clearly heard him turn to the customer & mouth off "Oh this dumb b*tch doesn't know what she's talking about, this is all a piece of sh*t.." by the time the second line got out of his mouth the shock wore off & I blurted "Hey! If you're going to slag me off to the customer, at least put me on mute!" He stammered a bit then hung up... I steamed for all of 2 seconds before ringing back & asking for the manager of the site, who I gave quite the reaming about the unprofessional behaviour of his tech... Funny thing is, I did end up talking to the IT guy again, we did end up fixing everything, and I did get a big, fat apology
                Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                What's the difference?
                We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Always test the mute button. It can be cathartic but it can be your worst enemy and that rep made that really stupid mistake with it that cost him big time.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                    Probably came by Owl. The Rep was obviously a Muggle!
                    i wonder if the owl was a zombie one? (ate the rep's brain!... or at least the brain-to-mouth filter).

though i'm reminded of a coworker. she went into our "back" section to complain about a customer who was being aggressive, slamming the keyboard and mouse down, etc... perhaps trying to intimidate my coworker by showing how annoyed she was. ... except i could hear her talking. ... and i was maybe 5 feet from the customer. (which mean the customer heard her too).

my coworker didn't use any bad language but it was obvious she though the slamming-game was not cool and uncalled for. ... after that i think the customer stopped acting up. so i guess it wasn't so bad for her to be indirectly called out for her behavior.

Comment

Working...
                    X