Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When recorded calls become... awkward. (Possibly NSFW)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When recorded calls become... awkward. (Possibly NSFW)

<bg>While working at the Call Centre, our calls are recorded, as is probably very common.<end bg>

This story was relayed to me from a coworker, and this particular recorded call was passed around (most of) the call centre, to our extreme amusement.

So, CW is speaking to a customer, and all is going well. He wraps up the call, and says goodbye. Should be the end, right? WRONG!

CW doesn't hang up the phone immediately (probably forgot while he was doing after-call work), but before he hangs up the phone, he hears... strange noises, that sound a little bit like moaning. Yes indeedy, the customer was having very noisy sex.
    What we all wanted to know is how he could go from 0 to that... erm... excited in less than 5 seconds? Answers on a postcard, please!

Anyone have brain bleach?

Maybe they were already going at it quietly while they were on the phone, and then proceeded to get noisy when they thought they hung up.

My ex liked to mess with me that way. She'd start something with me while I was trying to talk on the phone, and the other person would keep asking me if I was OK.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Yeah I'll second that. My friend likes to do that to me too especially when I'm talking to my best friend. It squicks her out big time.

Comment

My BF likes that game, too.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Ditto, here except i was the one initiating the action.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I couldn't decide on just a single witty response.

-"Customers Suck" just took on a double meaning.
            -I fail to see the suck, although it was clearly audible.
            -Ok, sir. We just turned on your internet. And you.
            -Your internet has been up for five seconds and this is the first thing you do with it?
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

i just hope he's not graded on the performance

Comment

@ Mr Hero - Ah yes, your last comment made me realise it could have been some form of "adult video" rather than the actual thing, but the moaning did sound suspiciously like the customer himself (and an anonymous female voice), so the jury's still out on that one...

@ PepperElf - :-D for your pun, I'm just really glad I wasn't eating or drinking anything at the time. Although actually I must say we were frequently graded on our performance at the Call Centre... *ahem*

For the rest of you who posted: Slightly off-topic but what is with partners that initiate fun while you're on the phone? My boyfriend does it sometimes and it's fun, yes, but far too distracting. I guess I'm just lucky he only does it while I'm on the phone to Mummy and Daddy Aurora, and not when I'm actually dealing with important stuff...

Comment

Initiating fun while on the phone...

I personally cannot see doing that, especially to my boyfriend. Most of the time if someone's caling him it's either his dad or mom, or someone he has a professional relationship with.

that and mom use to spank us if we ran around screaming when she was on the phone so it kinda stuck.
                  Last edited by PepperElf; 10-18-2011, 11:25 PM. Reason: spelign erors

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    i just hope he's not graded on the performance

This call may be recorded for quality assurance.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      mom us to spank us if we ran around screaming when she was on the phone so it kinda stuck.
                      From what I know of people, that would have the opposite effect on some significant others
                      Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

My ex did that to me while I was on the phone with my brother to wish him a happy birthday. It was more awkward than anything.
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

There was this guy that was video-conferencing when he was distracted.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Confession: I've been doing the deed while on the phone with a CSR. Don't ask why. It was Hubby's fault, though.

But, I made sure the phone was hung up before I made any sounds about it!
                            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              This call may be recorded for quality assurance.
                              This call may be monitored for training and quality purposes.
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X