This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Not Annoy Ms. B!

I'm back again, but this time today's tale involves my coworker Ms. B, whose permission I have to post this.

Ms. B was on her cellphone next to me with a software company. She had

ordered some software online and had some discrepancies with delivery and

billing. Going online to the website she realized she could not remember her login

information so she called the company to see if she could get it reset.

As I am handling paperwork, I can overhear Ms. B getting annoyed with the

person on the phone. She wasn't being loud or angry but she's a retired Army

Sergeant and she has a... particular inflection [and dare I say cadence?] when

people start to tick her off. Here's what happened...

Help(less) Lady [HL]: Thank you for calling Blahtech. How may I help you?

Ms. B: I'm trying to access my online account so I can track my shipment but I

can't remember my information. Can you send me my password or reset

information in an email?

HL: Can I get your information?

Ms. B: *gives info*

HL: Well, I can track your package from here if you would like. Do you want to

know when it should arrive?

Ms. B: I know when it should arrive; I want to have access to my account so that I

can check it myself.

HL: You can call anytime and I'll be happy to track your shipment.

Ms. B: I don't want to have to keep contacting the company for that. I just need

you to either give me my account info. If you can't by phone I understand - but I

will need my info reset and sent to me.

HL: I can't do that.

Ms. B: Excuse me?

HL: I can't reset your password.

Ms. B: What do you mean 'you can't'? Are you telling me that at your place, a

software company, there is no one that can go into the database and reset my

password?

HL: Not that I know of...

Ms. B: Let me ask you a question: Who do you get to fix YOUR computer when it

breaks down? Do you just sit there all day hoping it starts working again? Who

handles the computers in your building? There has to be someone there with

enough access to make a simple change like either sending the email or resetting

it for me.

....on and on this goes for about 15 minutes....

HL: Let me get you a manager.

Ms. B is on hold and is STEAMED. I came over and she told me what happened

while she waited. Shortly after, the supervisor gets on.

Supervisor: Thanks for holding. How can I help you?

Ms. B: I need to get into my account and cannot remember my password. Can I

get it reset or the original password sent to me?

S: Can I verify your info please?

Ms. B: *verifies*

S: OK... and your account password has been reset. Check your email for it. Also, if

you're online now I can show you where to do it yourself, just in case this happens

again.

Ms. B: Wow, thank you! I have a couple other issues with the software.

*goes through specifics*

The Supervisor apparently answered all her questions in about 4 minutes.

S: If that will be all, I'd like to ask you to volunteer for our call survey...

Ms. B: *takes a deep breath* No... I think I'll pass this time. *starts laughing with

the supervisor* Next time, perhaps... *end call*

I've worked call centers before and know full well you're supposed to do all you

can to resolve the issue, but after 15 minutes of ineffectiveness... just escalate it.

Agreed. I can't directly escalate the issue but I sure can reach out for help. I generally can't help with anything to do with our website except to fill out a form if we have a problem or notice an error, but I'd still call a lead for advice. Sheesh. It wasn't like Ms. B. was asking for something ridiculous that any frontline agent is supposed to say no to.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Waste of time

What a waste of time. Clearly the support person knows nothing about their server functions, they should have passed her up the tiers within seconds after she explained what she needed and the rep could tell they were out of their range of support abilities.

Comment

Working...
      X