This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're lucky I'm not naked

Ok, so I work 3rd shift at Johnny Jim's. I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant and I have a cold, I went to bed after my shift last night after taking a swig of knock off cold meds and an Ambien (I have alot of trouble sleeping). Being sick means that I haven't had much interest in food, plus I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I've lost 20 pounds (I'm overweight, but my OB/ GYN just wanted me to maintain my current weight, maybe gain 15 pounds at the most).. Znyways, I woke up at around 1pm today and I was a bit peckish, ok scratch that, I was fucking hungry! Hungry on the verge of dry heaving. So I throw on some pj's (I sleep nude.. I collect pj's and lounge around in them). I go to my local Captain P's (The closest one does not have a drive thru and I wasn't up to drive 20 minutes to the one that does have a drive thru) Now, my PJ's are long pants and a short sleeved shirt, nothing skimpy at all, they cover more than what most people where around here that is considered normal clothes. Now, I did look like I just crawled out of bed, because, well, I did. My hair was unwashed, make up smeared under my eyes, PJ's.

I go into Captain D's order my food and sit to wait on it. I should mention that it is not my normal practice to go out in my PJ's..

Man: (Who was watching me as I walked in, kept looking pointedly at me) You look like you just rolled out of bed.

Me: (yawns) I did

Man: Couldn't be bothered to put on some clothes, huh?

Me: You're lucky I didn't come here in what I sleep in.

Man: (Trying to work out what I was saying.. Most people wear PJ's to bed.. He sat there staring at me, trying to figure out what the Hell I was talking about)

Me: I sleep nude (Ok, he didn't ask, I just offered that bit of info)
    He heaved a disgusted sigh and left muttering something about indescensy.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

People in PJs don't bother me. Of course, at the motel, guests walk around in their PJs all the time. Same thing in my apartment complex. So I'm used to it.

I haven't gone to a store or restaurant in my PJs, but I have wandered around the apartment complex and the motel in them. I've even worked in the back office in my PJs if something came up at night and required me to fill out paperwork (but not interact with guests...then I have to get fully dressed)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I confess I don't understand the trend to wear PJ's out. I understand why you did, and in my opinion anyone who's 20 weeks pregnant can wear whatever she darn well wants. I guess I just don't get the teens who actually go to school in a full set of flannel pajamas!

I would never make a remark to a stranger about that, though. That guy was a busybody.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't understand it either, because my pajamas are lucky rocket ship underpants and nothing else.

We just got in a new item for our As Seen On TV section: Forever Lazy adult pajamas. I'm just waiting for the day when somebody ventures out to the swamp wearing those. :-|
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

LOL, Irv, I have a pic of those on my phone that I took at Wally World.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Oooooh, you should have gone completely angry pregnant woman on him and made him look like an insensitive idiot! You don't mess with a hungry woman OR a pregnant one!

Hee, how about these? Angry PJS!

http://www.spencersonline.com/images...eractive.a.jpg
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              I don't understand it either, because my pajamas are lucky rocket ship underpants and nothing else.

We just got in a new item for our As Seen On TV section: Forever Lazy adult pajamas. I'm just waiting for the day when somebody ventures out to the swamp wearing those. :-|
              OMG that is like the old style long underwear you see in old movies. but then again all it seems to be is just an adult onesie without the feet. OK when will there be a "forever lazy snuggie sutria" coming out
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I was very disappointed in Snuggie. It's far too big, and doesn't secure in the back.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

A friend of mine on FB suggested taking the Snuggie and sewing up the bottom so it at least covers the feet completely. She wanted one to take to work so she could keep her feet warm. I think it's a brilliant idea.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    I confess I don't understand the trend to wear PJ's out. I understand why you did, and in my opinion anyone who's 20 weeks pregnant can wear whatever she darn well wants. I guess I just don't get the teens who actually go to school in a full set of flannel pajamas!

I would never make a remark to a stranger about that, though. That guy was a busybody.
                    I've gone out in my pj's, but, you can't tell that's what they are. I use just a plain, white t-shirt and a pair of lounge pants (shorts in the summer).

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    I about died laughing when that commercial came one....especially when they got to the flap in the back for when nature calls!

I have a neighbor that I'm expecting to see in one of these any day, considering I've seen her out not only in pj's, but with her wrapped up in a towel....and UGG boots.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      I was very disappointed in Snuggie. It's far too big, and doesn't secure in the back.
                      This is true. Still warm though.

Guess what I'm wearing right now?

Got it for Christmas last year from a co-worker; I was using it as a lap blanket and finally gave in and became a living TV commercial...
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

Got it for Christmas last year from a co-worker; I was using it as a lap blanket and finally gave in and became a living TV commercial...
                        The WTF Blanket
                        "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                        "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                        My MySpace
                        My LiveJournal

Comment

I saw someone out in these the other day. If you get them, don't wear bright pink undies.

Comment

Quoth 24601
                            I saw someone out in these the other day. If you get them, don't wear bright pink undies.
                            Ugh. We sell those at my store. They're $40!
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                              Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              This is true. Still warm though.

Yeah, I'm living the dream, too! Especially since I spend from the first of October to the end of April freezing to death. (I'm a desert rat and just not built for winter.)
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X