This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good and the Bad and Ugly

I was in a local bakery/sandwich shop having a quick meal when I saw this.
    EW: (to a passing young man in a loud, demanding voice) Excuse me! You. Yes you. Go get me some napkins.
    The young man retrieved a handful of napkins and gave them to her. She didn’t even acknowledge him.
    YM: Oh, by the way. I don’t work here.
    At least at this point she had the decency to apologize and thank him.

Ha! Good.

Although if I'd been the guy, I probably would have flipped her off or just given her the Death Glare and kept walking.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I like how all of a sudden he was a human being when she found he was not working there.

I don't know what is going through people's heads, but I suspect it's something along the lines of "oh, crap, this person can kick my ass if he wants to."

My husband called a guy out on this very thing in a Best Buy. Long story short, a guy thought the husband worked there (for what reason is anyone's guess) and started acting like a complete toolshed towards him. Husband says "I don't give much of a damn what you do or think." and that's when the guy clued in and said, "Oh, man, I'm so sorry, I thought you worked here."

And that's when the husband lit into him. "I'm the exact same person I was when you were treating me like shit for no reason. The only thing that is different is that now you know I don't have to take your shit and can actually kick your ass if I want to. So fuck you."

Comment

I don't usually respond well to, "You! Yes YOu Laddy....!"

Comment

What I might have done if I were Young Man and was quick on the uptake...

Go get the napkins and bring them to the SC, then pretend to hand them to her...when she goes to grab them, yank them away and yell "Wait, you didn't say the magic word!" with the biggest grin on my face. Cue sputtering and "I'll have your job", whereupon I get to tell her that sadly, I am not employed by that establishment and my job definitely does NOT involve asking "how high" when she says "jump".
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
            I don't usually respond well to, "You! Yes YOu Laddy....!"
            STAND STILL, LADDIE!

How can you have your pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              And that's when the husband lit into him. "I'm the exact same person I was when you were treating me like shit for no reason. The only thing that is different is that now you know I don't have to take your shit and can actually kick your ass if I want to. So fuck you."
              Tell your husband he is one of the most awesome people on this planet.
              Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
              Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
              Fiancee: What?!
              Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Your husband totally kicks ass!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                  I'll second thehuckster; your husband is indeed awesome, RK.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi

I'll second thehuckster; your husband is indeed awesome, RK.
                    I third the motion! RK's husband deserves a nifty badge or hat! ^_^
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                      Oh, I tell him that on a regular basis.

I got real lucky with that one. He does indeed rock, kick ass, etc.

He's got a pretty long fuse, but not when witnessing someone treat another human being like shit. No long fuse there. No fuse at all, actually. That's when he goes straight to "detonate."

Comment

Working...
                      X