This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Try, Bunghole

Let me preface this by saying that I myself get a little perterbed by slow walkers. And no, I'm not talking about people needing assistance walking, or older folks. I can swallow and walk around them. The people I hate who walk slow are the idiots who are fumbling about with their phones while walking in the middle of an area so it's hard to get around them, the women who are digging around in their purses while trying to walk and not paying attention, groups of people who are walking several abreast and slowly just to talk.

K, now that we are past the disclaimer. I also hate people who come up around or behind you, treat you like you're slowing them down, when perhaps you just aren't as active as them (I'm not jogging on my way out of the gym, asshat) or you aren't as tall so your stride isn't as big.

This morning, leaving the gym, on my way out (and I'm walking normally, as normal as a healthy person my age and height would, no hurry but not slumping either) I hear footsteps getting close behind me, and closer. Almost like the same feeling you get when you're tailgated in traffic, ya know? It's almost making me nervous. I don't even know why it made me nervous and upset. Probably because most people, just like on the road, will just GO AROUND ME. Ohhh, what do I hear? Is that a sigh?!!?!? Well, excuse me!

I'm thinking to myself....look asshole, done working out here, I'm not going to start jumping to my loo to get out of your way. And I'm not 6 feet tall so I don't have a very long stride, and I'm not going to force myself to just to make you happy. How about you go off to the side and walk around me?

Oh, well lookie. He did!

He even went so far as to not just go around me......he decided to go all the way around the left side of the front desk (the front desk is in the middle of the main entry, I usually go out on the right side of it). He went ALL the way to the other side of the room to get out of there faster than me.

Guess who I met right at the door?

That's right. It didn't really pay to do that, did it?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

I get this a lot, but unlike you they are NOT more patient because I'm obviously impared and walking with a cane.

I can only go SO FAST. Stop making me feel like I'm inconveniencing you or like I have to rush (at the cost of a lot of pain) in order not to slow you down for a few seconds. Bleh.
    My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

What a fartknocker. Huh huh.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've never understood the hurry. I do not hurry for anything. Whatever it is, is going to be there when I get there. I guess that is why people walking slowly don't bother me. I have a natural long legged fast pace, but it doesn't bother me if I get behind somebody slower.

Some people are just rude though..a large group standing in the way just talking without any room to get around for example. Then, yeah I will get a bit irked, and even rude.. because sometimes rude deserves rude. Wait..where was I going with this?
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Heh Heh Heh Heh.

Bungholio.
          Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Guess who I met right at the door?

That's right. It didn't really pay to do that, did it?
            It's like those people who have to drive around you in a big hurry. As my father used to say, they usually don't get any further than the next red light.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
              I get this a lot, but unlike you they are NOT more patient because I'm obviously impared and walking with a cane.

I can only go SO FAST. Stop making me feel like I'm inconveniencing you or like I have to rush (at the cost of a lot of pain) in order not to slow you down for a few seconds. Bleh.
              Sounds like those people need a demonstration of how Bill Masterson got his nickname.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I AM CORNHOLIO!!
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  Let me preface this by saying that I myself get a little perterbed by slow walkers. And no, I'm not talking about people needing assistance walking, or older folks. I can swallow and walk around them. The people I hate who walk slow are the idiots who are fumbling about with their phones while walking in the middle of an area so it's hard to get around them, the women who are digging around in their purses while trying to walk and not paying attention, groups of people who are walking several abreast and slowly just to talk.

K, now that we are past the disclaimer. I also hate people who come up around or behind you, treat you like you're slowing them ?

This this this - a thousand times this!!

Comment

What about the idiots who do just what Blas' idiot did, sighing audiably and you tell them to go ahead of you, only to be given that "How DARE you tell me it's okay to go ahead of you, walking slower than a snail?!" look. Those are the ones I don't care if I inconvienence, because if they're not smart enough to go around then they deserve to be stuck behind me.
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      It's like those people who have to drive around you in a big hurry. As my father used to say, they usually don't get any further than the next red light.
                      I was gonna say this very thing.

Comment

I don't get the big hurry either. Unless they're a lip flapper at the gym, the people who only go to the gym to socialize.....perhaps they have to jog on their way out to at least get some exercise in for the day?
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I have an old leg injury that healed improperly and has been deteriorating for a long time (nothing that can be done for it now, really, except wear a brace-I may end up with a crutch or something in the future) and I'm very short on top of that, with a stocky build and shorter limbs, you know, that compact kind of build? Well, because of all this, I'm not very fast. I can't walk very quickly without being in a lot of pain, and I flat out can't run without being in agony, and sometimes my leg gives out on me completely and I end up on the ground. I try to stay out of people's way for this reason, and because I hate having anyone behind me, but sometimes I can't help it, so I would appreciate it if the morons who come up behind me don't physically shove me out of the way, especially since I hate being touched, and if you do shove me out of the way hard enough that I fall to the effing ground, the least you could do is apologize, not look down at me, sneer and keep going while snickering to yourself! He's lucky I couldn't get up fast enough to give him the castration he so richly deserved. Big over six foot jackass throwing a barely-five-foot partially crippled girl to the ground, yeah, that's real macho!

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            Was riding the bus through the Lincoln Tunnel today. The car in front of the bus, seeing that our lane was stopped and the other lane was temporarily empty, crossed the double line to go into that lane. Now I thought that everyone over the age of three knows you don't change lanes in the tunnel, even without the huge sign telling you not to.

I kept an eye on that car. When the bus came out of the tunnel, he was several carlengths behind where he'd have been if he'd obeyed the law and stayed where he was.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                              I've never understood the hurry. I do not hurry for anything. Whatever it is, is going to be there when I get there. I guess that is why people walking slowly don't bother me. I have a natural long legged fast pace, but it doesn't bother me if I get behind somebody slower.

Some people are just rude though..a large group standing in the way just talking without any room to get around for example. Then, yeah I will get a bit irked, and even rude.. because sometimes rude deserves rude. Wait..where was I going with this?
                              LOL ... going for a casual walk?

Agreed. I spent 10 years zipping around in pursuit of my job (reporter) and once I stopped doing that, I decided I was through with rushing hither and yon as well. (Not to say that drivers doing 40 km/hr on a highway don't annoy the heck out of me ...) Unless I'm doing a mallwalk with the intention of raising my heart rate (in which case I watch the foot traffic ahead of me!) I'm happy to stroll along behind other strollers.

Comment

Working...
                              X