This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday!

And, this is what happens when I don't get to the Inbred Carnival early enough and it gets later in the morning and all the freakshows and their offspring get there.

I had an oil change that couldn't have been done any sooner (but I will be grateful that it was free and I passed my inspections with flying colors for winter), so it was after 10 am (usually go there before 8 am) and I had to head to Wal-Mart for my payday grocery/toiletries shopping. Unfortunately, this was going to be a rather big one, because the first payday of the month is when I buy more toiletries than food, and I'd been putting some stuff off and stretching as long as I could for a while.

Anyway, I was in the grocery area going after some nuts (don't ask why, I cannot stop eating pecans) and of course, it was starting to get busy.

Some woman had a child with her that was loudly singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY through a paper cone to intensify the sound.........and just my luck, it seemed that woman kept following me around and around the aisles. Or maybe it was because her kid wouldn't stop with the singing and it was so loud.

Thanks for the headache. I really needed that after I already heard yelling all week long at work.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

"Inbred Carnival" ... "in the grocery area going after some nuts"

Sounds like you found plenty of nuts...

Comment

I did. And then I ate nearly all of them.

Damn pecans. Like crack, almost.

And of course, anytime you go to WM, you will find all sorts of nuts that aren't in the baking goods aisle.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

*Sends Blas a bunch of pecans from her tree.* There now you don't have to brave the wilds of the inbred carnival to get your fix.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I'm more of a Pistacio man myself :P
          Still Pecans arn't that bad iether.

Comment

My favorite way to eat pecans is with the Five Minute Spiced Pecan recipe, myself. THAT is awesome.
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Lately I've been into poison nuts cashews.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Cashews and Walnuts are my faves, with Pistachios a close second, though I like Pecans well enough in pies and such.
                The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Kazim View Post
                  I'm more of a Pistacio man myself :P Still Pecans arn't that bad iether.
                  Pistachios are my favorite. At any rate, I never seem to have issues in WallyWorld. Woody's, however, is a zoo. But they have the best selection.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                  X