This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headscratcher and epic cute in one trip

My husband and I just came back from the grocery store and on our way in, we stopped at the Redbox out front to see if there's anything there we wanted to see. We looked at the board with the featured titles then flipped through selections on the screen. Nada. Just before us, a lady had looked at the board and then went and sat on the bench beside the Redbox and started tapping her smart phone screen. She stopped us on our way in the store.

Lady: Is this the <store> on <street>?
    Us: Yes? (my husband and I will be referred to collectively since we were pretty much saying the same thing and finishing each other's sentences)
    Lady: And they have two redboxes here?
    Us: (looking at the two redboxes behind her, then looking at her) Um, yes?
    Lady: These are it?
    Us. (speechless)
    Lady: They didn't have the movie I want. Maybe the other one has something different? (looking at the board again)
    Us: Yeah, sometimes they do. You have to go through them to see.
    Lady: I'm not sure how you tell...
    Us: You have to flip through the selections on the screen. Not all of them will be on the board.
    Lady: *lightbulb* Oooooohhh!!! Thank you!
    Us: You're welcome. (glance at each other)

Once we were in the store, we realized they had some sample tables out, including one with liquors. (woo!) On our way to the ice cream aisle, though, we passed a lady giving out SlimFast shake samples and three little girls around the age of 6 hovering around her table. As we passed, one of the little girls started bounding after us with wide eyes.

Girl: Do you want to try it?! Do you want to try it?!?!
    Me: *trying hard not to giggle* No thank you!
    Girl: It makes you lose weight!!
    Me: Oh really? (don't laugh. don't laugh)
    Girl: Yeah, I had THREE already! But it didn't work. *trots back off to sample table to the very amused employee*

We disappeared into the freezer area and just lost it.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

LOL the little girl having 3 and it not working is hilarious. Like its supposed to work instantly!

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
      Like its supposed to work instantly!
      I wish. Id be their best customer.

Very cute though. Lol

Comment

"...I've been drinking one with each meal and I haven't lost an ounce!"

Comment

Working...
        X