X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get out of the way! Yes, you!

We are visiting mouse world this week.

Now I _know_ how dumb people can be. But most of this came from what otherwise appeared to be intelligent people. They all have their clothes on the right way 'round. Makeup doesn't look like it was done by Tammy Fay.

So what on earth possessed you to stop right after getting off an escalator to check your map?

And how about: Does not it not occur to you that doing an about-face in the middle of a crowd might result in a collision?

Yes, you actually have to pay for the food you just bought. Of course, you also waited until it was your turn to order to actually look at the menu.

Yes lady, I know it is raining. I know you don't want to get wet. Buy you are yours are blocking the entrance to the men's room and I have to GO! So MOVE!

Oh look, it's dark in here. Clearly an excellent time to start texting on your phone with the brightness turned up full!

Six foot plus. Kid's show. Sit in the middle in front of a bunch of kids. Nice.

And finally: to the lovely group of twenty all holding hands in a string that forced their way through the crowd to the boats, and then through the people patiently waiting all the way to the gate: Well, I have no words.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

I have crowd issues and tis is why.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yes, you actually have to pay for the food you just bought. Of course, you also waited until it was your turn to order to actually look at the menu.

Yes lady, I know it is raining. I know you don't want to get wet. Buy you are yours are blocking the entrance to the men's room and I have to GO! So MOVE!
      1) That's why I stand back until I know what I want to order... so I don't turn into that person. Although I also know the food isn't free.

2) Ms. Iwannastaydry may find that blocking the toilets is the best way to guarantee that she gets wet. although perhaps not in the way she was originally thinking...

Comment

Quoth It's me
        This is why I usually have at least a second and sometimes third choice when I go up to a consesion stand.
        When my sister took her daughter, her daughter's friend and me to Six Flags we ordered food at a stand and my first choice wasn't available so I had to make a split second decision. So thankfully I'd been eyeing the big pretzels so it was that difficult.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
          So what on earth possessed you to stop right after getting off an escalator to check your map?
          I swear I'm going to get a federal grant to study this someday!
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Twice now at the land of mouse, while in a large crowd, my husband has been pushed in the back by a baby. Well, actually, pushed with a baby. Yes, I have turned to look, and in both cases a female was holding a baby in front of them and using the baby to push at my husband.

Comment

My big problem with crowds is that I see them as an obstacle. If the people would just stay put all would be fine they keep weaving in random directions... but apparently everyone just wants to wander around gawking at the stuff around them :P

Today we were at the magic place.

Once again, I remain slightly in awe at the number of people with complete lack of situation awareness. I get that there are all sorts of interesting things to look at. But before you stop suddenly and gesture by sticking out your arm, maybe you should check that there is no one beside you? And I know that some of the ride queues make a great vantage point for looking over the park and discussing it while the line has move on a 50 or more feet? I know the gap will close up, but still...

Also, today was "load your kid into the stroller in the worst possible place" day:
              -- Beside the parking lot tram in the roadway rather than past the guard posts.
              -- Right in the middle of a ride exit. Several times.

On the other hand, the park cast members were just great today. The woman on the Winnie-the-Pooh ride put a great big smile on my daughter's face when she got her jumping like Tigger, as did the guy who embroidered her hat.
              There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Try it in a wheelchair ... you turn invisible. I have been walked into, run into, tripped over, gestured into the face leaving me with a black eye, drinks dumped on me, food dumped on me.

On crutches, I have been tripped, run into, pushed from behind, had a nasty brat hook a crutch out from under me deliberately.

It has gotten to the point that I really hesitate when the suggestion to go somewhere I know there will be a crowd as I know what is likely to happen.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                  They thought of the map while on the escalator but knew that if they looked at it while still on, they'd be eaten by the thing (and they're probably right, they're that dim), and they can't move away from the bottom or else they'll forget 'cause they're stupid. If they weren't stupid, they wouldn't stop at the bottom of a device that moves people to the spot they've stopped in.

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  It has gotten to the point that I really hesitate when the suggestion to go somewhere I know there will be a crowd as I know what is likely to happen.
                  At least in the land of the mouse, if you get a good view of them and report them to a cast member, there's a halfway decent chance they can track them down and eject them for douchebaggery. They'll allow people to abuse the cast, but other guests aren't on the menu.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X