X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instances of Sucky

Gas station
    -When the clerk tells you that they can't take credit cards, it means you can not use credit cards. It is not something you can argue your way through. Go get cash or go to a different station, jeez!
    -If the pump says your card is declined and the clerk tells you that your card is declined, it means you have no money. It has nothing to do with race, gender, or age. The pump is an inanimate object that has no feelings or prejudice. Do not whine/complain/bitch to the clerk, she can do nothing to help you.
    - if your story is longer than, "hey man, got any spare change?" I will not give it to you. If you have to create a freakin novel to explain why you need $2 right this instant, to me, it means you are lying. Hell, a dude came out and asked me for $1 so he could go get drunk, and you know what? I gave it to him because he was honest, straight forward, and didn't take up a crap ton of my time with a sob story that you have probably told to several other people in this area a thousand times, today at least. You need money to feed your babies/get diapers/ pay for gas? A) get a job B) apply for welfare/social security/food stamps/etc or C) I can call my sister and have your children removed to a home where they will be cared for. Choose now, or I will choose and C sounds pretty friggin good to me considering you just came out of the store across the street, stuffing your face when I first pulled up and now apparently can't feed your children. This does not compute well.
    -Please, I don't care about how your baby daddy doesn't help you with your kids. I was polite when you said hi in saying hi back. Twas not an invitation to yak my ear off for 10 fucking minutes and then follow me out of the store, still yakking at me. It's 7am, I am not in the mood.

Grocery store
    -For the love of Thor....SHUT THAT FUCKING KID UP! He is screaming nearly in my ear, which is a feat considering I have earphones in, as loud as they can go (which is pretty fucking loud) and freakin cancel out goddamn noise AND CAN STILL HEAR THE KID! Stop standing there like you don't hear it, I can tell by the grimace on your lips and the crease between your eyes that you can damn well hear it too. Shut the brat up before I do.....with my headphone cables..........then the police will get involved, I'm gonna be stuck in the store longer than I wish to be.....it's just gonna be a mess and I really don't think the employees want to clean that up.
    -The express lane is an express lane, not a "hey I'm going to stand here and jabber to the clerk who is obviously not interested so long that everyone finally gets fed up and moves to different lines, which is when I finally decide to leave" lane.
    -Is paper money a new concept? I swear, 3 people had no clue what some of their bills were worth. And these were straight born and raised Americans, who exclaimed how much they loved their country and then tried to pay for a $100 purchase.....with a ten. And then stared at the clerk dumbly when she said that he needed $90 more. I....I really don't know wtf happened.....
    -Yes I know elections and voting shit is tomorrow. No, I am not planning on voting. Because I forgot to register this year. And last year....and the year before. I just don't feel like voting. Why? Because, I don't care? Most of the stuff put up to vote either A) doesn't make sense to me B) doesn't have anything to do with anything I believe in or C) has no value to my community or class of people. Most of the time it's because I just hate politics and don't want to do the research to figure out 'where I stand'. I stand on my porch, smoking a cigarette, not giving a fuck. It's my choice to vote or not. I choose not to. Yes, I guess that does make me a communist terrorist who molests children in their sleep and doesn't have to right to complain when stuff starts going to shit. Please tell me something I didn't know already.
    -No, I don't own a cat. I just buy these feather toys on a stick to see if I can't catch a few unsuspecting squirrels in my back yard........
    -Yes, that is a Vietnam medic style bag. No it's not real. How do I know? I didn't realize that Spencer's Gifts was a historical society that auctioned off historical pieces such as that. What else have i missed?!
    Last edited by Dave1982; 11-08-2011, 07:22 PM. Reason: Nicknames for children
    Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

fuck. i missed voting.

that's what i get for living in one state and working in another i guess.

Comment

That's why I love Washington State. You can do it all through the mail. Never, ever have to sit in a line. SUCH a friggin improvement over Texas

Comment

Another member of the Apathy Party here. Yeah, politics confuse me too.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I realized about a day or two before Election Day that I never got the absentee ballot I requested. Oh well. I usually try to vote every year but this year it seemed like NOTHING was going on...I barely heard about anyone running or any important referendums, etc.
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

well... to be honest i don't know much about the local politics anyway. i probably should have started learning when i moved here.

o well. i'm going to mark my computer calendar though so I remember for next year. maybe i'll take that day off. especially if i'm still working across a border or something like that

Comment

I completely forgot Tuesday was election day until my husband came home from work. He lectured me for not caring, I told him I didn't care, he spent half an hour telling me why the people he was going to vote for were wonderful, I told him I didnt' care, he waited about an hour for me to care, I didn't care, and then finally went to go vote about half an hour before the polls closed.

I care about state- and national-level elections, but when it comes to local politics in NJ, it's generally just the same people being bitter that they can't get bribe money anymore and so passing laws to make life as difficult for people as possible. The only one I'd really want to force out of office is the town traffic engineer, because he's incompetent (seriously, who designs a left turn to have the same right of way as the traffic it's turning across?), but that's an appointed position and not a voting one.
              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Hey, folks, we are starting to leave the road and start dragging our tires through the dreaded Fratching territory. Let's try to keep it reasonably between the lines.

Consider this me putting up a few orange cones.

Comment

Working...
                X