This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horribleness at the train station

When I went to buy my train ticket this morning, there was a dog laid in front of one of the ticket offices being tended to by one of the staff. When I asked what had happened to the dog, they informed me that it had been abandoned with a nasty head cut. The blood was plain to see.

If you can believe this got worse, then you would be correct. Other people buying their tickets were complaining that they had to manoeuvre round the injured dog to buy their ticket, and one person asked why they didn't just put the dog outside.

The only slightly good thing is that the pet ambulance turned up quickly to take the dog to a nearby vet. But seriously, who the hell complains about an injured dog?!
    Last edited by Miss_Stress; 11-09-2011, 04:59 PM.

People who don't have a shred of compassion. One can only hope that they will learn from example that compassion is a good thing to have.

Comment

They would have been the same if it had been an injured person 'inconveniencing' them. Nothing must come between them and what they want.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Never even heard of a pet ambulance. Wonderful idea, though.
        Women can do anything men can.
        But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
        Maxine

Comment

I hope the dog will be ok. And that everyone who complained about it being in the way arrived late to wherever it was they had to get to so damned urgently.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Even if the worst occurs for the dog, it will occur in the company of people who care about him/her. And dogs can sense that. So whether he/she survived or not, it was okay.

The bad part is that if this behaviour was typical for his/her human, he/she probably had true caring only for this part of his life.

Edit to add:
            The dog-catchers/animal shelter 'rangers' in my city double as pet ambulances; especially for strays & found animals. Unfortunately, they don't have lights-and-sirens rights of 'human' ambulances, but they will make pickups urgently and do have animal first aid skills.
            Last edited by Seshat; 11-10-2011, 04:39 AM.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
              Never even heard of a pet ambulance. Wonderful idea, though.
              It's basically a van from a vet's or the local dog warden

Comment

heh you'd like one of my EXs (J) then. he found an injured cat and took it to the vet. Even before they were done with the cat I think he'd decided to keep it. When he found out they'd have to remove a leg (the cat was a fighter) he named it Tripod.

Comment

Working...
                X