This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy At Sally

Anyone else have a Sally Beauty Supply where they live?

Here, it's a pretty small store. I like to go there every so often for their freebie deals and those amazing sample sizes of deep conditioning treatments.

Today, I witnessed a level of stupidity and such lack of common sense....I'm so glad I was able to hold my tongue. The associate was barely able to hold hers.

Some woman sent her husband/boyfriend/brother/whatever, to Sally to pick stuff up for her.

What. The. Fuck.

Now, let me set the scene. This guy is not gay or in any way one of those guys who may be keen to the female ways, or shopping for himself. He was on the phone with the chick, and he was one of those red blooded hillbilly males, the outdoorsy look to him, the fake Southern accent to prove he's not a city folk....

I had been just browsing 99 cent nail polishes when I hear this obnoxious fake Southern accent (some people in Wisconsin, especially around this northern part, like to talk like "real" country folk, it sounds stupid) howling into a cell phone "Well iff yerr gonna want me to help yee, you'd better answeer yerr fucking phone!" Apparently, he had been trying to call her with questions and she didn't answer.

I'm now in line to pay, and he bothers the lady ringing me up to ask "Which one of dese are the buy one get one half off?"

She pointed and said "The three piece clip extensions" or something like that.

"Which ones, ther long ones or ther short ones?!"

She said "All of them on that wall."

She's having a time trying to ring up my little buy 6 for $10 goodies, because the code on each one was apparently wrapped into the cellophane in such a way you couldn't read the numbers, and they had to be manually entered in. (this Sally store has a very old school type of register. It even makes the old school dial up internet connection noise when you use a card to pay).

While she's trying to concentrate and do her job, JimBob the manslave keeps stopping by and asking questions. She told him there's another associate back in the hair care area who could help him, as there was a line forming behind me and the girls behind me.

Every once in a while, he darts around aisles hillbilly yammering away at his woman about how hard this is and how it's "bullshit".

I, for the life of me, can't understand why anyone would send their boyfriend or husband to a beauty supply store to get stuff for them, unless they had a specific list with specific items or coupons. Or maybe if that person knew no one else or had no family or friends to do it for her.

Sheesh. What a bad trip.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

I love Sally Beauty Supply! They have an olive oil based conditioner in a green bottle (forget the brand right now) that's amazing. And Hemp oil lotion that's amazing too.

But for sure I never send my bf in there alone, unless he's looking at something like electric shaver/trimmer type things for himself. Which this one has.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

That type of conditioner was in a sample size at the register, but the lady recommended a different one for me because my hair is so fine.

Comment

I sent Hubs once to pick up mascara for me. My suitcase was stolen with all my makeup, and as I was trying to scramble and replace things I realized I forgot mascara. I forget what I was doing and why I needed it urgently but for whatever reason Hubs offered to go fetch some for me. I made it pretty painless for Hubs, though. I told Hubs to just find a mascara section at the drug store and send me a pic of it, and then I texted back which one I wanted. Easy, and he was out of there within minutes.

Likewise, cell phone pix have saved me when I've had to go into auto or hardware stores to fetch things for others. I just find an associate, hold up the pic on my phone, and they help me find the item.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I sent my husband once since he was getting new hair clippers anyway. I needed the dye for my highlights, so I ripped off the box number of what I use, wrote the brand on it, and sent him on his way. He also knew he could get any color he thought would look good, as long as it was that brand (stuff for dark hair).

Comment

Sally Beauty Supply is in our strip mall, but I haven't been in there in years.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Are you telling me people fake Southern accents to appear cool up there?

I'm always slightly self conscious about mine because I know full well what a lot of people associate with that particular accent.

I mean, good grief, the actor Josh Holloway suppresses his Georgia accent on purpose from what I understand. He only used his natural accent in Lost because the director made him.

Of all the accents I've ever heard faked by some loser just trying to be what he's not, that ain't one of 'em.

There are "cool" accents and some that are not so cool. I'm pretty sure we fall at least mostly into the second category.

Comment

Well, I personally don't think it's cool and a natural one would obviously be better, but it seems quite a few people around here like to talk like they are from the South, but they end up talking like people who are trying too hard to sound like they are from the south.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  Well, I personally don't think it's cool and a natural one would obviously be better, but it seems quite a few people around here like to talk like they are from the South, but they end up talking like people who are trying too hard to sound like they are from the south.
                  Do they throw in a YUpper accent in the mix as well???? that combined with a fake Southern accent is just..... just.....
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'm heading to Sally's after I get my hair cut cause I had a customer recommend how to keep the purple in my bangs dark even if I bleach my hair.
                    But I wouldn't send anyone to a Sally's or the like unless I knew they would be familiar enough to not be completely lost. And yes, camera phones are awesome. ^_^
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

It just befudded me why any woman would send her boyfriend to get her hair extensions for her. Sure, tell him "Can you pick me up a tube of Maybelline Great Lash in the hot pink tube?" or "Could you grab me a cherry flavored chapstick?" but I mean, clip on hair extensions.....what length, what color, what type, real hair, fake hair, what the hell....

This must have been a woman with no other options. Or just a really dumb woman.

Comment

Has anyone considered she may have given him a detailed list of exactly what she needed, and he left it back at the house because in what passes for his brain 'real men don't use lists'? I've known a few idiots like that. They were friends of my younger daughter when she was a teen. Some of them I cured by pointing out that it is way more impressive to a woman/SO for them to come back with the right items, than to constantly call asking what was needed or to bring home the wrong stuff.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                          Do they throw in a YUpper accent in the mix as well???? that combined with a fake Southern accent is just..... just.....
                          The fist time I heard one of those I about peed myself laughing.

Comment

I didn't consider much, and I'm not that worried that I didn't. He was acting like a tool, and therefore, I posted about him.

I'm not worried as to how it got to that point, all I know is a guy went into the beauty shop without a damn clue as to what he was after, and was an ass about it. And that's why I posted it.

Comment

I wonder how he'd act if she sent him in to buy tampons?

It just occurred to me: I bet the people faking Southern accents are True Blood fans.

It would explain it, I guess.

So, Blas, is it THAT accent (Louisiana) or is it more Sawyer/Forrest Gump/Andy Griffith (Georgia and the Carolinas) ?

Sorry, this is fascinating to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X