This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're kidding, right??

At the start of the term the college I am attending holds a "Student Appreciation Day," in which we students get to fill out ballots for prizes. I won a nice package of rather exotic foodstuffs last year and this year I won a $10 gift card for the They're Everywhere!! doughnut and coffee shop, which has a site at the college.

The problem? The college's They're Everywhere!! site ... doesn't accept those gift cards.

Lol, annoying, but sadly not unheard of.

At least there's probably another one within a few minutes? Congrats on the win tho!

Comment

Thanks, LOL. Oh yeah, it's not hard to find these places! Just bizarre that the site at a place where most of the people ingest coffee by the gallon and welcome sugar and grease doesn't make it easier for them to get either or both.

Comment

I'm thinking the school didn't consider that when they made the gift. hope you can find a location you can use it at.

But I'm not surprised. I've even seen PFB complaints about They're Everywhere not accepting their own cards when they're located within another business.

Comment

I'm guessing this is not actually a They're Everywhere store, just a franchise.

The coffee shop inside Barnes & Noble sells Starbucks drinks, but does not accept Starbucks gift cards because they're not really a Starbucks store.
          Women can do anything men can.
          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
          Maxine

Comment

They got those cards for free, somehow. So they didn't bother to find out if they could be used on campus, OR, they figured it didn't matter because you could go to another location, and meanwhile the cards cost them nothing. Trust me, I've seen this shit before.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Congrats! Heres a piece if paper with writing on it.
              Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

Quoth Iseeyouthere View Post
                Congrats! Heres a piece if paper with writing on it.
                I saw a joke "diploma" some years back. It had some nice fancy calligraphy in Latin which translated approximately as "This is to certify that ________ has a piece of paper on his wall with genuine Latin words written on it."

Comment

Working...
                X