X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If looks could kill...

I'd be a corpse right now.

Went to the drug store after work to get a couple of refills and some Puffs w/ lotion for Mrs. Crossbow. No big deal. At least it shouldn't have been.

As I was getting the Puffs, a lady (and I use that term VERY loosely) stormed up to the pharmacy and starts screaming at them about the line for the drive up. Apparently someone ahead of her in the line had to wait for a mix to be made and sat in the drive up line the entire time. Rude? Yeah, probably. If you've got something like that, maybe you should go in and wait instead of holding up the line. But it's not the fault of the girls working in the pharmacy.

SC: Are you even taking people in the drive up? We've been waiting for ten minutes!
    Pharmacy Tech: I'm sorry. We had a customer that had a prescription that needed to be mixed. They take a little longer.
    SC: She shouldn't be allowed to hold up the line that! I had to wait ten minutes for her to move!
    Me, thinking: so why didn't you get out of line and come in sooner?
    PT: I'm sorry, but we have no control over who is getting what in the drive up lane.
    SC: But she shouldn't be allowed to just wait like that! We were there for ten minutes!

Lather, rinse, repeat. I'm in line behind this harpy, and she was arguing for about... You guessed it. Ten minutes. The customer in the line next to me was moving back like he was getting ready to run (found out afterward he's a security guard and was making sure he could intervene if needed).

SC finally storms off after getting her refills. I move up.

PT: I'm sorry about that. Can I help you?
    Me: It's ok. I'm used to stupid bitches like that.
    PT: *laughs*

Yes, the harpy heard me. Thank goodness she didn't have eye lasers. I'm really surprised she didn't say anything to me. I guess I looked like I'd return fire. (Hint: I would have.)

As I left, I heard (long before I saw) the harpy at the front of the store complaining to the manager about having to wait for ten minutes in the line. Of course, now she's been bitching up a storm for about twenty minutes, but the math was apparently lost on her...
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

If she had the stones to say something to you, she'd have had the stones to say something to the lady in the car lane.

Another case of someone too chicken to do something to get results, but who just want to complain.

Comment

Ten minutes? Hell, I only wish it would only take me ten minutes to get something from the pharmacy. It's always at least 20, even when I'm the only one waiting for a scrip. I don't scream at them, though. I just wander around the store and check out other stuff until the wait is over.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        Ten minutes? Hell, I only wish it would only take me ten minutes to get something from the pharmacy. It's always at least 20, even when I'm the only one waiting for a scrip. I don't scream at them, though. I just wander around the store and check out other stuff until the wait is over.
        You might be he only one physically there, but I can guarantee you that yours is not the only Rx being worked on.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          If she had the stones to say something to you, she'd have had the stones to say something to the lady in the car lane.
          QFT. The point being she wants to vent at someone who CAN'T respond. In short, a bully. Too many of 'em.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
            QFT. The point being she wants to vent at someone who CAN'T respond. In short, a bully. Too many of 'em.
            Believe me, I know. I do my best to not confront SCs when I see them unless they try to start something with me first. I know my temper. However, I have absolutely no problem being passive aggressive to one of them. ;-)
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
            X