This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taco Bell Fail(s)

Ok, so it's our junk food dinner night. we went to Taco Bell, and each got the chalupa supreme combo. Now, the pricing menu stated the chalupa supreme combo included 2 chalupa supremes, with a crunch taco and large drink. Ground beef was $6.29, chicken was $6.79, and steak was $6.99. I opted for chicken and wolfie opted for steak. We each also asked to add sour cream and tomato to the tacos, to make them taco supremes, and asked that our order be to go. The cashier rattled off a total, and wolfie paid, we got our drinks and proceeded to wait for the food. I thought about it and asked to see the receipt. It said the following:

Chalupa cmbo: $6.29
    Add ckn: $ .50
    Add ckn: $ .50
    crunchy taco $. 0
    + sr crm $.45

Chalupa cmbo: $6.29
    Add stk: $ .70
    Add stk: $ .70
    crunchy taco $. 0
    + sr crm $.45
    + tom $.45

Sooooo, no tomato added to my chicken combo, and we were charged twice for the upgrade to the two different combos. It was $1.20, yes but still. Overcharged and the order was wrong. So, the employee calling out food orders brings a tray up. After we pointed out it was to go, he blinked and told wolfie "So...I'll go put it in a bag...?"

Yes, please...

We then get our (to go) order, and wolfie brings up the receipt discrepancy. He points it out to the cashier and she said "yeah, it's because chicken and steak are more"

W: yeah, but the board says a different price than what we were charged...
    Cashier: yeah, but it's an upcharge becuase chicken and steak are more.
    W: ...
    Me: Yes, but we were charged for the upgrade twice.
    C: that's how the computer did it.

The employee who handed us our food turned around and called to (I presume) a manager who was on the line, and covered her food station while she came up to talk to us. Again, broken record...

We explained the receipt issue.
    M: You ordered chicken and steak, it's more.
    W: Yes, but it's the 50 cent charge twice for the chicken and 70 cent charge for the steak twice
    M: Well...it's per chalupa.
    Me: <I finally speak up> We're not arguing there's an upcharge, ma'am, we're asking why your menu board lists $6.79 and $6.99, but we were charged $7.29 and $7.79.
    M: <Points to the charges for sour cream to the cashier> Sour cream, they got sour cream!
    Me: yes, we asked to upgrade the two tacos to taco supremes, and those are SEPARATE charges.
    C: <to manager> Did I do something wrong?
    M: No, it's the computer, but it's an upcharge.
    Me: Again, we aren't arguing that, we're arguing the AMOUNT...

The manager walked away at this point, and stayed away for a good 10 minutes or so. Wolfie and I were talking amongst ourselves, and he muttered "Ok, fine, it's a computer error, fine. Fix it!"

And we waited some more. She came back, took the register from the cashier, never once addressed us again. She apparently ran the refund, turned to the cashier who was standing in front of us, handed her the money and said "That's for them". And walked off.

Ok, fine, maybe she was upset we were harping over $1.20, but at the same time, the charges were incorrect. She was kinda rude, I think, not to address us directly, but for once or twice, then disappearing without a word, or even to say "Let me go check into this." She just disappeared, then came back, handed the money to the cashier instead of us and walked away. No comments, nothing. Oi... At that point we didn't even bring up that the cashier only upgraded 1 taco completely and not the other, (one got tomatoes, the other didn't, but we weren't charged) I just took that one, since I like tomatoes more than wolfie.

What fun...

Chalupas were greasy goodness though, just what I was craving. Yum.

I try to be very toletant of mistakes - they happen, people are only human, it gets crowded, or an order is special, etc. and that ups the likelihood. Even major mistakes, I'm cheery as long as I get an "oh, sorry about that" and a correction.

That said, pet peeve is when they seem to be refusing to even think it thru, when they give an answer that makes no sense, and stick with it, no matter how much you point out the logic. As what you went thru. Kudos for not losing your cool, but sticking to your request for a correction.

I do NOT believe the SC attitude that people who work in fast food are somehow less intelligent than, say, somone working in an office. But now and then, you sure do run across a few that you have to wonder how they manage to dress themselves (course, you run across those people in all jobs, maybe they just are more interactive with the public at fast food places, LOL. We had a Wendy's once, they could not get an order correct. I'm not talking special orders with extra this or no that, I mean just the actual item itself. My daughter and I once went there, ordered 3 items (all of them things without variations) and it took them 4 tries to even repeat those back to me.

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

So not only did they make you wait and wait for your refund after first refusing you, they ignored you while refunding you. And bet your food was cold by that point too. *shakes fist*
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
      X