This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pizza suck

My bro and sister in law were visiting a couple of weeks ago and since they arrived late at night, we had already had dinner and they ordered a pizza. When it came, as soon as they handed over the money, he took off for his car. So they opened the pizza, and all the toppings had slid to one side. It looked like the guy had dropped it on it's side. So my brother called the store and complained about it being dropped and the delivery guy not saying anything and just grabbing their money and running. The store sent the guy back with a new pizza, and my brother wouldn't let him leave until he got a look at it. It was fine, so the guy left and they had some slices and I had some slices too. The next day I grabbed a leftover slice and there was a looney under it. I told my brother and SIL, and they laughed and went "I guess he didn't want his tip." Am I the only one that thinks my bro and SIL are cheapskates for only tipping him a dollar? I mean, they tipped him before the saw the smashed pizza. Still, it was pretty passive agressive to put it back in the box. Who wants their pizza touching coins anyway?
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Uuuugh, and who knows where that coin was or WHAT he did to it before putting it in the box; I believe that falls under 'food tampering' and I think you should call the store in case this driver is messing with other people's food too.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      Uuuugh, and who knows where that coin was or WHAT he did to it before putting it in the box; I believe that falls under 'food tampering' and I think you should call the store in case this driver is messing with other people's food too.
      I never thought about that, I might have, but this happened a few weeks ago so I feel like the time for complaining is past. I don't even remember what the date was. Not going to order from there though! I probably wouldn't anyway since it was from Pizza Pizza and I'm pretty loyal to Domino's.
      -Helen Keller

Comment

Ugh. The coin would be the least of my worries. If someone was petty enough to hide CASH in the pizza box, they were petty enough to do far worse things that you don't know about. Was your family acting sucky? Being upset and complaining is not sucky and neither is checking the new pizza first. Yelling and being a jerk is sucky. Still doesn't excuse food tampering though. Yuck.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I would suggest... at this point you probably don't want to talk to them again because goodness knows what they'd do to your next pizza.

So... call the board of health. Tell them that the first pizza was dropped and still delivered. And that the replacement pizza had obvious foreign material underneath it. (the coin).

the delivery guy may think he was being funny but... his boss sure won't like being investigated for health code violations. especially intentional food tampering ones...

and the coin... under the pizza... makes me wonder if he hoped you were going to choke on it.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            I would suggest... at this point you probably don't want to talk to them again because goodness knows what they'd do to your next pizza.

So... call the board of health. Tell them that the first pizza was dropped and still delivered. And that the replacement pizza had obvious foreign material underneath it. (the coin).

the delivery guy may think he was being funny but... his boss sure won't like being investigated for health code violations. especially intentional food tampering ones...

and the coin... under the pizza... makes me wonder if he hoped you were going to choke on it.
            Hmm...that's an interesting idea. I'll mention it to my mom. My bro and SIL are on vacation right now, but maybe I'll email them and see what they think. My brother, when he called the restaurant, was slightly sucky because he was mad. I remember him saying "Just send a pizza and tell the guy to stop being so goddamn shady." But he wasn't screaming or anything.
            -Helen Keller

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
              Am I the only one that thinks my bro and SIL are cheapskates for only tipping him a dollar? I mean, they tipped him before the saw the smashed pizza.
              Here are my thoughts on pizza tipping:
              Miles the driver had to drive from pizza place to your place and back to pizza place = n.
              Tip should be (n/5 + $1 + the change). i.e. - driver drives 10 miles, tip should be $3-something.

So... if the driver WALKED to your house, then NOPE, tip was right. If the driver drove to your house, then your relatives are cheapskates.

Hope that answers your question.

As to money touching my pizza,

Comment

Quoth hornet95 View Post
                Here are my thoughts on pizza tipping:
                Miles the driver had to drive from pizza place to your place and back to pizza place = n.
                Tip should be (n/5 + $1 + the change). i.e. - driver drives 10 miles, tip should be $3-something.

So... if the driver WALKED to your house, then NOPE, tip was right. If the driver drove to your house, then your relatives are cheapskates.

Hope that answers your question.

As to money touching my pizza,
                I knew it!
                -Helen Keller

Comment

I'm more than willing to give them a slide on that one.

First he saw nothing wrong in dropping a pizza and still trying to sell it - even before seeing the tip.
                  Second he saw nothing wrong in tampering with someone's food in revenge when he had to re-do the job he messed up in the first place.

In most cases I'm all for tipping - and generous tipping too. This is one of the few times however where I don't see how he earned a single penny.

Comment

For a minute there I thought you said a loogy was inside the pizza.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      I'm more than willing to give them a slide on that one.

First he saw nothing wrong in dropping a pizza and still trying to sell it - even before seeing the tip.
                      Second he saw nothing wrong in tampering with someone's food in revenge when he had to re-do the job he messed up in the first place.

In most cases I'm all for tipping - and generous tipping too. This is one of the few times however where I don't see how he earned a single penny.
                      Well, what I meant was they tipped him before they knew the pizza was dropped. Ironically, it ended up being an appropriate tip anyway. I'm just sorry about the perfectly good pizza delivered and not tipped well for at other times.
                      -Helen Keller

Comment

Working...
                      X