This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tower! Ah Wahn Mah Tower!

Last March, we had a horrific sleet/ice/snow storm (complete with thunder at times) that was a windy/wet/slippery mess, and was powerful enough to take down a 2,000 foot tall TV tower out in one of the local Bum Egypt small towns around here.

It was made clear on multiple newscasts that it would take a long time to rebuild the tower. They needed people to be patient, blah blah.

It's finally done. But, ever since the day it came down, ANY time the local news has links on FB, some yokel local has to go "Blargle! Is the tower fixed yet? I only have 3 channels and can't get the news!" and "Wahhhh get that tower fixed, I need to watch the news!"

Not even exaggerating. There could be breaking news about a car accident or home robbery, and someone would chime in "Is the tower up yet?! I live in *smalltownof5people* and I need to watch the news!"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Odd that they comment about it via Facebook, which, you know, uses the internet... :/

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      Bum Egypt
      What? I have literally never seen or heard this phrase before.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        Probably short for BFE, and I'll let you guess what the middle word is...

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
          You may be innocent when you arrive here...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            But it doesn't last long...
            "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Krivak View Post
              Odd that they comment about it via Facebook, which, you know, uses the internet... :/
              Huh? It was a TV tower that went down.

Quoth blas View Post
              Last March, we had a horrific sleet/ice/snow storm (complete with thunder at times) that was a windy/wet/slippery mess, and was powerful enough to take down a 2,000 foot tall TV tower out in one of the local Bum Egypt small towns around here.
              Quoth dalesys View Post
              Then you will soon join us down here in the sewer....
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                Huh? It was a TV tower that went down.
                The internet can be used to access the TV station's website, where one can find out what the news is anyway, or even watch a newscast if their connection is fast enough.

But this would require folks to do something other than sit and whine that a TV tower got knocked down. You can see the bind they're in.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                  Which, if it actually existed would be on the same continent as Timbuktu.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    The internet can be used to access the TV station's website, where one can find out what the news is anyway, or even watch a newscast if their connection is fast enough.

But this would require folks to do something other than sit and whine that a TV tower got knocked down. You can see the bind they're in.
                    Gee, thanks, I know you can watch TV shows on the internet.

It was reading to me that Krivak thought that those people needed the TV tower to access the internet.

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                    As opposed to the more local north forty!

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      I'd rather be going to Katmandu :P

B
                      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                        BFE (along with BFW, BFS, and BFN) all mean "out in the boonies", and their literal meaning is {anal sex} east/west/south/north, although the east-west axis seems to be far more common than the north-south one.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          BFE (along with BFW, BFS, and BFN) all mean "out in the boonies",
                          You know, way out there in the north forty!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                            BFE (along with BFW, BFS, and BFN) all mean "out in the boonies", and their literal meaning is {anal sex} east/west/south/north, although the east-west axis seems to be far more common than the north-south one.
                            Aha! I usually use South-Central {anal sex}.
                            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Aha! I usually use South-Central {anal sex}.
                              AKA BDE (Back Door Entry.)

How did we get on this subject again?
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X