This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic controller stories!

My aunt works as a crossing guard at an elementary school down here, she wont post her stories here, but has given me permission to do so.

Holding up traffic while directing it!

Apparently a man came up to my aunt while she's doing her job, directing the buses, daycare, youth buses etc. where to go, and he starts yelling at her about how she's holding up traffic, Aunt is all and just ignores the guy, until he tries to walk out with her as she stops the cars for the buses, sheriff at the school sees this, runs out there and tells the guy to back off or he'll be arrested for trying to stop a traffic controller from doing her job.

Bonus story:

My aunt was chased all across the road by a 3 inch palomino bug the other day, she was freaked out by it and the people kept giving her a funny look.

Quoth Joyius View Post
    My aunt was chased all across the road by a 3 inch palomino bug the other day, she was freaked out by it and the people kept giving her a funny look.
    If that's what I think it is, she handled it better than me. I run screaming from the things....
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
      If that's what I think it is, she handled it better than me. I run screaming from the things....
      The bottom of my shoe gets messy when I see those things. At least it did when I lived in Florida. I haven't seen any in Virginia.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Thing I hated most about being stationed in Florida was the darn Palmetto bugs!

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          The bottom of my shoe gets messy when I see those things. At least it did when I lived in Florida. I haven't seen any in Virginia.
          If I ever stepped on one, I'd have to throw the shoes out. Can you tell I have a raging phobia?

Comment

I just HAD to go look that up, didn't I? *shudders* If that's what lives in the south, remind me NEVER to move anywhere near there! Ever!
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

*googles*

Oh. Those. We call 'em water bugs. I used to just call them roaches. We used to get them back at my parents' house. Still get them here, but we have more of the smaller German roaches and fewer of those monstrosities

The worst is when they fly.

Edit: Er, I'm referring to the American cockroach. Also seeing the term applied to a Florida woods cockroach. Those things...never seen one, never want to. *shudder*
              Last edited by Kaylyn; 01-19-2012, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                I never had a problem with them flying. The mosquitoes usually took them out. It was fun watching the action at sunset.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I found one of THESE where I work. It's called a Dobson Fly. Kinda freaky; I think it could take a Cockroach!

http://static-wtb.cheshirecat.net/wp...ly_handful.jpg
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Kaylyn View Post
                    *googles*

Oh. Those. We call 'em water bugs. I used to just call them roaches. We used to get them back at my parents' house. Still get them here, but we have more of the smaller German roaches and fewer of those monstrosities

Edit: Er, I'm referring to the American cockroach. Also seeing the term applied to a Florida woods cockroach. Those things...never seen one, never want to. *shudder*
                    We've got American, German, and Oriental cockroaches here. Never seen an Oriental one fly. Had one of the others dive-bomb me on evening a couple of summers ago. I'm really surprised that nobody called the cops given the way I screamed!

Given how bad my phobia is, I don't ever, ever, ever want to encounter one of these bastards! http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...-knee-jumping/

Comment

That is a BAF (big ass fly).
                      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                      X