This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Joy of Fabric Stores

I don't know what it is about the fabric store, and specifically the cutting table, that attracts all the weirdos.

So I'm at JoAnn's last weekend for the sale they were having. I'm in line at the cutting table juggling several bolts and patiently waiting my turn. Older guy comes up behind me, and snatches a loose "take a number" slip off the table. The paper he's chosen reads 79, and the number on the display is 89 so I don't know what good he thought that was going to do him, but he glares at me like I did it. Then it got better:

Old Guy: Is this where you order fabric?
    Me: (thinking he wants some special order home decor fabric): No, they're just cutting here, I think you --
    OG: But they help you with the fabric here, RIGHT?
    Me: Well, yes, if you want it cut.
    OG: Who gets it for you?
    Me: ...I'm sorry? I don't understand.
    OG: (pointing at my armload of bolts) Well did you get those off the shelf YOURSELF?
    Me: ...Yes.
    OG: (makes a scoffing noise, glares at me again and wanders off)

Dude, if I had a personal shopper to pull bolts down for me, I would not be standing here trying to hang onto 4 of them. I came back to the table later when my daughter picked out something she wanted to make, and he was back again, with material, glaring at the employees and muttering. Poor ladies.

A lot of people don't seem to know how a fabric store works. I've written more than a few posts on that subject on these boards.

A take-a-number system? Must be one of the newer stores. I wish we had that, along with the nice, new, big cutting tables.

Grumpy Guy Is Grumpy. If he won't ask nicely, pay him no mind.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
    X