This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So that's where YOU work

I posted this incident awhile ago: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=82791

and something interesting happened today... I found out where these two EW's work. In fact I was their customer today! The guy acts like he is rich and a freaking god works at this sushi place. I'm going to assume he's the owner but I don't know since he was behind the counter making the food.

There's nothing wrong with being a cook (it's awesome being able to cook) but it was nice to see this shithead having to be nice to people for once. And I got to see the spoiled bitch wife take out the garbage. I know this is probably mean for me to say but it felt nice to know they have to be nice to customers as well.

I didn't create a scene or anything but I was shocked to be at a place where I'm usually treated like shit by the people elsewhere. I don't think he recognized me which I was fine with, I didn't want any kind of interactions with him.

He did make me a little uncomfortable when my boyfriend and I sat down at a table cuz mr. EW made a point to laugh real loud about how my man (who is slightly chubby) and I decided to sit at a little table that was perfect for a couple. We didn't want to sit in the middle of the room with like six chairs. That made me a bit cuz then I worried the rest of the night whether we needed to be seated at a bigger table. I have bad anxiety.

But bottom line, they're as every bit of human as I am. And the kicker? There was nobody else in there but us. It's just odd to see the customers at work. Especially the two biggest bitches in the world. HA.

That explains a lot actually.
    Some people get their relief in life by acting like big shots away from their place of business to amke their lack of success seem more distant.
    Hell, I've known several resteraunt owners, and they were all nice people, one used to ask every time I saw her if Mary "was having baby yet? no? you need work harder, you healthy, need lots of babies!" wonderful woman named Lee in Salt Lake, owns a Mongolian BBQ place

Comment

I can relate. There's a woman who comes into my store semi-regularly and we all HATE her guts. I have worked retail in some form since 1993 and she is absolutely the nastiest piece of business I have ever come across. In fact, if I see her in the store, I usually go give the cashier a little break until she leaves because I just feel like it's my job as the manager to deal with the nastier ones.

I went into a shoe store the week before Christmas and there she stood behind the register. I was shocked to see that she's a cashier. I personally feel that SC's who also work in retail are the worst because they KNOW and understand what they are doing and the harm they are inflicting yet they do it anyway. (JMO) But as much as I wanted to, I didn't take any vengeful actions, instead, I tried to demonstrate how she SHOULD treat people by treating her respectfully. Sadly, I think it was lost on this bitch.
      I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

Some of the nastiest gas station customers I encountered worked at the Kwik Trip stores around town. Sad, really. Throwing a fit over being ID'd for ciggs, sighing about not being able to just run in, drop their $20 bill for gas and run, have to wait to buy a paper, etc....
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

wow !! so amazed that you were so restrained and calm around that jerk couple

knowing myself (evil and vengeful) i would have been tempted to look at the kitchen door and say loudly "oh my god, is that a rat??!!"

:-)

Comment

Quoth georgie View Post
            wow !! so amazed that you were so restrained and calm around that jerk couple

knowing myself (evil and vengeful) i would have been tempted to look at the kitchen door and say loudly "oh my god, is that a rat??!!"

:-)
            I love it ... although hopefully there would be nobody else in the place at the time!

They sound like they're not a whole lot better as business owners than they were as customers. Not surprising you two were the only ones in the place.

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
              That explains a lot actually.
              Some people get their relief in life by acting like big shots away from their place of business to amke their lack of success seem more distant.
              Hell, I've known several resteraunt owners, and they were all nice people, one used to ask every time I saw her if Mary "was having baby yet? no? you need work harder, you healthy, need lots of babies!" wonderful woman named Lee in Salt Lake, owns a Mongolian BBQ place
              This.

I knew one sailor who volunteered at the on-base Armed Forces YMCA. When he was there he acted like a PRICK. He'd invent rules, throw his weight around etc. Only thing, it was *obvious* that he was compensating because two of my friends knew him from their ship.

On board the ship he was an E4 cook. So he was in power over absolutely no one, except the food service helpers (on loan from other divisions). Not only that but he wasn't even a good cook. Supposedly he even fucked up mashed potatoes by putting chocolate milk into them (he denied it) and even fucked up the chili mac by using sugar. "It was even sweeter than the dessert!"

So ... we could tell he really LOVED when he had power over others and that it went to his head a bit.

Comment

Navy cooks are fun

My favorite product from the navy kitchen is *salt* cookies (replace all sugar with salt). The COB(CMC for you surface types) was very unthrilled when he bit into it. This E3 learned his lesson though and became alot more detail oriented(PS: The COB knows of many jobs that no one wants to do that he can arrange for you to do to learn detail).

Another one I never understood is how the cooks managed to burn a inch thick crust of rice into the pans.... Took hours to get them clean....

For the non navy types:
                COB: Chief of the Boat
                CMC: Command Master Chief

Comment

Quoth Mamochan View Post
                  Another one I never understood is how the cooks managed to burn a inch thick crust of rice into the pans.... Took hours to get them clean....
                  Did he try the shortcut of cleaning the pans using live steam? If he got it from the wrong valve, the pans would be safe to use again in a few hundred years. (salt) cookies for reference.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Did he try the shortcut of cleaning the pans using live steam? If he got it from the wrong valve, the pans would be safe to use again in a few hundred years. (salt) cookies for reference.
                    Now THAT'S what I call hot water.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      Now THAT'S what I call hot water.
                      Clue: the temperature of the live steam is NOT an issue.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        Clue: the temperature of the live steam is NOT an issue.
                        Yeah, it's how many half-deads are still in it.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          Yeah, it's how many half-deads are still in it.
                          But which book was I referring to?

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                            Some of the nastiest gas station customers I encountered worked at the Kwik Trip stores around town. Sad, really. Throwing a fit over being ID'd for ciggs, sighing about not being able to just run in, drop their $20 bill for gas and run, have to wait to buy a paper, etc....
                            I would suspect two reasons for this:

1) They don't get ID'd at their workplace because everybody knows that they're of age. Therefore they assume it happens elsewhere.
                            2) They think that because they're a retail employee, that they're part of some secret brotherhood of retail workers that enables them to get things for free.

I have yet to run into any of my former regulars. Although if I ever run into the lady who caused me to leave my previous job, I will be thanking her for being the best thing that happened to me. (seriously, I do not regret leaving there, that place was becoming a nightmare)
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Use this information (their places of business) very wisely. It's your trump card. The next time you see any of these people get out of hand, remind them that you know where they work and what position they hold, and if they go further that you'll be speaking to their superiors. Bad news travels faster than good news. You could even tell them that you had enough intelligence and willpower to hold restraint from acting the way they did, but don't be pompous about it either, haha.

Yeah, they may feel psychologically entitled to wreck havoc on others when they're off the clock, but they're wrong.

I remember hearing a story here about that months ago, where some SC was throwing their weight around and stating where they work at as a teacher. The cashier or OP was tempted to call up that place of business to report how that employee was behaving upon others and have that employee chewed out later.

Comment

Working...
                              X