This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self sighting getting a haircut.

This happened yesterday. I was expecting a call since a friend of mine had offered to take me to the grocery store. I don't drive and I needed a lot of stuff. I went to get a haircut beforehand. He assured me I would have time to get cut before he was able to come and get me. So off I went.

While in the chair, my phone rang and I picked it up while still getting cut. I told him where I was and that I'd be out soon. I don't know how often this happens in these places, but I'm sure it's become a pet peeve for most haircutters.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Don't worry. Being a barber I'd say it doesn't matter, as long as you keep it short. I usually back up for a moment, or even ask my customer - when hearing cell ringing - if he wants to answer. Most don't. Some business guys want to. It's fine with me if you just keep it short or say "I'll call back soon".

Comment

Wouldn't bother me. It doesn't bother me when I cashier, as long as the customer acknowledges me. If I hear him/her say, "Let me call you back; I'm in line," often I'll tell him/her it's ok to continue the call. They usually don't which is nice, but I'd be ok with it as long as they paused or said "hang on" while answering anything I might ask. But ignoring me completely is rude, and I've had people do that with no phone involved at all.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
      X