This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitchy Cigarette Lady

I will make the point that I sometimes speak without thinking. Sometimes, like this time, it works out alright. I wasn't making a snappy comeback; I do not have that skill, sadly. XD

This happened in the next town where I was shopping and I went into the supermarket there to buy some smokes. I was in a queue and in front of me was the bitchy cigarette lady of the title. BCL seemed to have a list of cigarettes she wanted to buy; the suckiness was that she told the cashier each one separately. She waited til he'd sat down after getting the first item, then told him to get her something else.

After the third item, the cashier got understandably annoyed and said, "Could you please tell me everything you need while I'm standing by the display, please?"

BCL haughtily replied, "Excuse me, but I'm the customer."

Cue my remark: "You're also a bitch."

BCL then turned on me, saying, "That's so rude! And it's none of your business anyway."

I replied, "It is, cuz you're making me wait. Just buy your sodding cigarettes and get out the way so I can get mine."

She huffed a bit but obviously realising that since I was a fellow customer and therefore could be just as rude to her as she was, unlike the cashier who was bound by the rules to not answer back, proceeded to tell him everything she needed in one go, paid and flounced out.

I then bought my cigarettes. The cashier thanked me for standing up for him.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

LACE
    If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

LOL, I can just imagine the SC...I can't complain, because it's another customer...great job.
      Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Well, if she were like a couple of other customers mentioned here lately, she could've tried to get you fired ... the fact you don't work there would've been irrelevant.

But yes,

Comment

Good for you! SCs get away with this crap because they feel no fear of being called on the SC behavior.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Well done on putting that tin-pot dictator in her place! She was obviously on a power trip, or trying to pocket a pack without paying. Glad you verbally kicked her butt.
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Glad the SC finally got a dose of the truth. If only every SC was told that they're being a giant pulsating asshole, the world might be a better place.

Comment

Oh Hell, they play "The Game" across the pond as well?

"The Game" is when a customer (usually at a gas station) will keep changing their mind on what cigarettes they want, waiting until you come back with the new type in hand to put on the counter.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Fraid so; I don't mind if they say so when I'm still up, but when I've sat down it's annoying. -.-
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                    SCs get away with this crap because they feel no fear of being called on the SC behavior.
                    Exactly. Would that more good customers would stand up against SCs. "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

By the way, Lace,
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                    X