This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Moron.

I've mentioned here about our neighbor "Mr. North" and his shitty parking skills. Then someone new showed up who makes him look good.

First they couldn't pull in straight to save their lives. I mean they literally would come home, turn right and just leave the car wherever it was. At one point they didn't even aim for the lines and they were so angled they made it impossible to park in the spot next to them because their front end was well over the line.

Then - this was maybe our second night with Dublin the Wonderdog - We were walking her to the dog-walk area and walked by their car. They were just pulling out along with a friend.

Red Car: HONK! WAVE!
    Friend Car: HONK! WAVE!
    Me: Seriously?

And when I say "seriously" as a single sentence it's usually in a tone of voice like this - although perhaps a a touch more sarcasm than McKay used.

At least they haven't done that again. I mean wtf dude you're honking right next to my dog's head from barely a foot away. Moron.

Now... they've learned how to park straight. Yay... or not. Their new habit is pulling all the way up until the tires touch the sidewalk.

Now I know some of us - me included - do sometimes park close enough that our car noses encroach on the sidewalk. i've been making an effort of late to not do that. But even at my worst it's still better than them.

When they do it, there's NO sidewalk to walk on. You have to either try walking on one half inch of concrete or walk in the garden of the apartment they park in front of.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    When they do it, there's NO sidewalk to walk on. You have to either try walking on one half inch of concrete or walk in the garden of the apartment they park in front of.
    Or, option 3:

Slide over the hood of their car like the Duke boys.

Comment

LOL.

Good thing Dublin is a girl because... yes it would be tempting to say "Good dog" if I had a boy dog that marked their car. (didn't know this before but the girls don't lift their legs to go, they just squat)

Although i wouldn't really do that. I'd just think about it

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
        Or, option 3:

Slide over the hood of their car like the Duke boys.
        That's wrong. What if someone in a walker or wheelchair needs to get by? Maybe you could have them ticketed for parking like that
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

LOL.

Good thing Dublin is a girl because... yes it would be tempting to say "Good dog" if I had a boy dog that marked their car. (didn't know this before but the girls don't lift their legs to go, they just squat)

Although i wouldn't really do that. I'd just think about it
          I've got a little girl dog and for the longest time she just squatted. Then we spent a week dogsitting my mom's male Pomeranian. Now she still squats when she just wants to pee, but when she finds a spot that needs to smell like her, she'll raise her leg in a very awkward display.
          Flood

Comment

hmm. that may be a good point. no one here has a wheelchair that i know of BUT we do have handicapped spots. and technically they could be blocking the path to the mailbox.

Quoth Flood View Post
            I've got a little girl dog and for the longest time she just squatted. Then we spent a week dogsitting my mom's male Pomeranian. Now she still squats when she just wants to pee, but when she finds a spot that needs to smell like her, she'll raise her leg in a very awkward display.
            my bf wants another dog to help us train Dublin better but he prefers girls.

but we know she's seen the male dogs marking at the dog park. sometimes in hilarious fashion... like when one saw its tiny companion peeing and chose to mark the same spot - WHILE the little dog was still there ... and another that decided to mark a giant puddle - and then drink out of the same puddle.
            Last edited by PepperElf; 01-26-2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

My girl dog was a stray before I got her, and she marks the mailboxes like a boy dog. It's kind of hilarious when I walk them and they're all taking a turn marking...

Mr Parks Like An Idiot probably uses the feel of tires on the sidewalk to see if he is straight in the parking spot... Nevermind his hood is well over the walkway by that time. He needs to then back up a foot or two, once he knows he's in straight...

Comment

but we know she's seen the male dogs marking at the dog park. sometimes in hilarious fashion... like when one saw its tiny companion peeing and chose to mark the same spot - WHILE the little dog was still there ... and another that decided to mark a giant puddle - and then drink out of the same puddle.
                My little boy, Scooter, is an avid marker. But seeing him and my older, big dog both go outside together clued me in real quick to how/where the term "pissing contest" came from.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  That's wrong. What if someone in a walker or wheelchair needs to get by? Maybe you could have them ticketed for parking like that
                  This is a good question. It's not legal in a lot of places for cars to be parked halfway in driveways and in the way of the sidewalk; I'd bet that hanging over from the street is pretty much the same violation.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oddly I haven't had to do anything yet.

They haven't been doing it. I'll probably jinx myself but... not once since I posted this thread. And I walk by their car every night with the dog.

Comment

Working...
                    X