Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now just light a match and blow me up...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now just light a match and blow me up...

Was driving down the interstate. A semi was merging, so I moved over to pass him and...

The semi hit a bump, and diesel fuel splashed from its fuel tank all over the front end of my car! It was enough to completely cover my windshield.

Hubby thought it was a puddle. I pointed out the road was dry, and that I saw it come from the truck. Then we smelled it. Then Hubs tasted it, because he's insane like that.

Ugh. I'm going to have to wash my car now.

We reported the semi to state patrol. We figure he must have just fueled up and forgot to cap his tank. He probably doesn't realize he's leaking.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hubby thought it was a puddle. I pointed out the road was dry, and that I saw it come from the truck. Then we smelled it. Then Hubs tasted it, because he's insane like that.
    yum yum diesel!

and here you go!

Comment

If a smell is strong enough I can taste it too, like skunk butt stench - smell and taste are linked. It bothers some people and not others for reasons I don't know

Comment

Yes, I can vouch for that.

although I've personally tasted diesel too. (fuel got mixed in with the ship's potable water system on my second ship. pretty fucked up tasting too)

Comment

Yuk. I'd be more worried about the paint job on your car than exploding. Unless it's a hot day and you're driving a black car, the chances of getting diesel to explode from a match are very low. Hell, if I'm interpreting your location right, you'll be lucky to get it to burn off the hood as it is.

Try using a soap with degreaser in it (Dawn or some other dish soap) and you should have pretty good luck.
          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'm one of the people who can always taste smells, and smell tastes. I didn't know it wasn't normal.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
            X