This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sandwich Slammer

Today whilst out on my bank run, I went to the deli cooler of the local grocery store to grab some grub, whereupon I encountered the Sandwich Slammer.

Now, this grocery store has a lot of what some may consider "weird" sandwiches and wraps. There are lots of vegan veggie-and-bean wraps and Greek wraps. I myself had a Thai Tofu Wrap (with veggie spring rolls on the side). If you want a "normal", plain meat & cheese sandwich, their selection is a bit lacking, with a turkey havarti, a roast beef, and not much else. (They do made-to-order sandwiches at the counter.)

However, just because you don't like their selection doesn't mean you should abuse the product. Which is exactly what this woman was doing. She would pick up a couple at the time, read the labels, and then throw them back down in a huff. Pick up a few more, read them, and forcefully throw them back into the pile. After making sure every sandwich had been abused, she gave a great big huff, and stormed off to the bakery, whereupon the pretzel selection seemed to please her much more.

I grabbed my wrap, cradled it and told it that it was okay, that just because it was different that didn't mean it was bad, and that I loved it just the way it was. I then bought it and ate that sucker. It was tasty and delicious.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Seriously..potentially damaging (if not actually damaging) somebody's property just because she didn't like it? Wow. You don't like it, you set it down and move to the next, not throw it. There are 2 year olds with better manners.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      I grabbed my wrap, cradled it and told it that it was okay, that just because it was different that didn't mean it was bad, and that I loved it just the way it was. I then bought it and ate that sucker. It was tasty and delicious.
      Just in case I haven't told you... I love you.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Thanks for that smile this morning, bhskittykatt. I needed it.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

“But the wild things cried, “Oh please don’t go - we’ll eat you up - we love you so!”
          Quoth Mytical View Post
          Seriously..potentially damaging (if not actually damaging) somebody's property just because she didn't like it?...There are 2 year olds with better manners.
          Indeed. I just do not understand people like that. What do they think they're accomplishing? Do they think people will see the little conniption fit and think, "Hey, maybe she's right, we should make more standard sandwiches"? More likely, they'll think, "Jeez, what's with that bitch and her attitude?!"
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
          X