This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greek_jester View Post
    One day I thought I'd pick up the next size up so I could make a dessert with it (pre-chopped, so less messy), & discovered that for some strange reason the pears in the larger pot were stored in grape juice. WTF? Doesn't help I'm intolerant to grapes or pure grape juice...
    Yikes!

Fruit cocktail normally comes packed in some kind of juice, usually pear. I once had some that tasted really bitter and awful. I asked about it, and found out that it'd been packed in grapefruit juice! Yuck!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      I can answer this one. They were put there by a man in a factory downtown.
      How can you be sure that the factory wasn't in the 'burbs or further out (cheaper land), and that it wasn't a woman operating the machine?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Yikes!

Fruit cocktail normally comes packed in some kind of juice, usually pear. I once had some that tasted really bitter and awful. I asked about it, and found out that it'd been packed in grapefruit juice! Yuck!
        [COSBY]
        Chocolate cake! Four slices! *shoom shoom shoom shoom*
        Something to drink...GRAPEFRUIT JUICE!...
        These are not your children!
        [/COSBY]

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          I once had some that tasted really bitter and awful. I asked about it, and found out that it'd been packed in grapefruit juice! Yuck!
          That... makes no sense at all. Fruit cocktails are usually sweet from the fruit, so why put them in something bitter?
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Pear juice is considered a "neutral" so the peaches may have packed in it to keep the flavor from being too over-powering.

that being said.... the VM - could have been soemthing similar that used to happen to me all the time - we'd either get or make a call, and would end up overhearing another person on the line, and only their side of the conversation... but they couldn't hear us, or the person we were actually on the phone with....
            we would usually have to hang up and call back .... sometimes more than once...
            Occasionally we'd get the radio station coming through the receiver....

please note that this was on the land line, not a cell phone.
            I suppose if your cell tower and the one for whomever VM Lady was talking to were shared or close together it would still be possible

I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth ThanosIsKing View Post
              [COSBY]
              Chocolate cake! Four slices! *shoom shoom shoom shoom*
              Something to drink...GRAPEFRUIT JUICE!...
              These are not your children!
              [/COSBY]
              I love that bit! Especially when his wife has the conniption.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

[Cosby] And she sent me to my room! Which is where I want to be in the first place![/Cosby]

So, these peaches, is he willing to move to the country for them?
                http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  I can answer this one. They were put there by a man in a factory downtown.
                  Bravo, Mr. Hero!

I love wrong number voicemails. The nicest voicemail I ever got was intended for a man named Bob (which is because I don't have that masculine of a voice, and my first name has three syllables). The caller knew that Bob was going through a really hard time, and he wanted Bob to know that he and his wife really cared about him and were there for him anytime he needed anything. It was such a sweet message, I was really touched! And then I felt a little depressed that the nicest voicemail I ever got wasn't really for me. Then I felt sad for Bob. I hope his friend eventually got in touch with him, because I'm sure he could have used to hear the great things he had to say. Poor Bob.
                  "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                    I love that bit! Especially when his wife has the conniption.
                    Complete with her face splitting and orange light shining from her eyes.

I think I borrowed from that and the part about "the same thing happens every night" where the kids act up at dinner Mom gets a yardstick for one of my shorter stories.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                    X