This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son-in-law arrested, get travel comp?

This is one from Corporate Guest Relations, who sometimes share SC stories in the company newsletter.

SC's son-in-law gets arrested at motel. Because of this, SC has to travel to the motel to pick up his daughter. SC demands compensation from the motel for his time and travel.

SC is denied. SC calls Guest Relations to complain. SC is still denied.

Story gets printed in company newsletter and sent to everyone to laugh at. Story gets posted on CS.com for even more people to laugh at.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

OH, thank you for that!! Heeeheheheheeee

*Gives bhskittykatt chocobrownies in gratitude for the giggle*

Comment

What? Why should the hotel pay for his stupidity?

Comment

...he...wha....

LMAO! In the words of Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!" :rofl:
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Ehe, yeah, that happened at my hotel a few times; but it was the guests themselves that got arrested for drunk and disorderly at the downtown bars or something, so when they were AWOL at check-out we had to pack up their stuff. Of course cue them making bail and saying we stole from them.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            This is one from Corporate Guest Relations, who sometimes share SC stories in the company newsletter.

SC's son-in-law gets arrested at motel. Because of this, SC has to travel to the motel to pick up his daughter. SC demands compensation from the motel for his time and travel.
            Boggles the mind. Usually, you can at least grasp the thread of reasoning behind the SC's demands, flawed though they be. You can somehow, sort of, see how they arrived at their conclusion, even if it took a path thru a medieval maze to get there.

But this one? The motel should pay the SC to travel there to pick up one of a couple because the other person in the couple was arrested there?

Hello Ford? My son was driving a Ford when he was arrested for holding up a bank, you should send me money cause I have to go pick up his car......

Do brain cells ever regenerate? I hope so, cause I just lost way too many on this one.

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

What. an. idiot.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                Hello Ford? My son was driving a Ford when he was arrested for holding up a bank, you should send me money cause I have to go pick up his car......
                That is very unreasonable. It is the bank that should pay you to go pick up his car because they wouldn't let him rob them.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                  Story gets printed in company newsletter and sent to everyone to laugh at. Story gets posted on CS.com for even more people to laugh at.

Perhaps SC should get compensation from SIL's parents for raising a rotten kid and making the SC have to go through all that?
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

yeah cos it's clearly the hotel's fault that the son in law broke the law

Comment

Uhhh...how is it the motel's fault that his son in law got arrested???
                      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Remember, in the EW world, ***nothing*** is ever their fault. It's always someone else that should pay for their inconvenience.

As I mentioned to my friend yesterday after watching someone drive their car over th curb and get stuck, stupidity should be painful. If that's not possible, it should at least be expensive....
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                          stupidity should be painful. If that's not possible, it should at least be expensive....
                          Stupidity is painful, but not to the stupid. It's painful to everyone who has to deal with the stupid.

Stupidity can be expensive; just ask the drunk driver who totals his car. Unfortunately, karma isn't always very punctual.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                          X