This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a fabric-based life form :P

After the childhood I had - nothing really bothers me anymore.

I mean, my own sister chased me though the house with a butcher knife trying to kill me. Mom heard me screaming and I got punished for being "too loud".

After that...yeah airline mix ups are nothing.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      Go outside and watch the horizon.
      Only time I ever got airsick was when I was sitting in a Chinook helicopter on the inward-facing seats, and the only view I had was the horizon making very un-horizon-like movements! Having a solid point of reference is a major help for all kinds of motion sickness.
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post

I mean, my own sister chased me though the house with a butcher knife trying to kill me. Mom heard me screaming and I got punished for being "too loud".
        LOVE the 'fabric-based life form' remark.

And you still talk to these people?????!!!!

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post

After the childhood I had - nothing really bothers me anymore.

After that...yeah airline mix ups are nothing.
          Really? I thought I was the only one with a sister like that, although she only chased me with a plumbers wrench..broke my collarbone.

We need to meet up Kana...and tell mom stories. My first memory of my mom is her beating my head against the wall when I was three. When I asked her after I grew up, she told me it was because I was annoying. I was three..you are supposed to be annoying at three..
          Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            You forgot bacon????
            I did not "Forget" bacon...... I was leaving something for others' to bring.....

besides everybody I know likes their bacon differently; I like mine on the border of chewy/crispy, others like theirs chewier, others crispier ......
            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

If your sisters aren't chasing you with shovels and rakes and implements of destruction (occasionally) you aren't being a proper big bother.

One of mine harpooned the console TV set speaker with a broom whilst after me.

I was telling people last week that my sister didn't really have a name, we had always called her "2 of 5".
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Sorry you had a far from perfect honeymoon. At least you faced difficulties with your hubby.

Your mom sounds a lot like my mom.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                  I always hoped to be able to talk to my mom about a lot of things she did in my childhood. A year or two after my Dad died, she spent a month with us, so I hoped to resove a few things. Didn't happen. Anything I brought up, she either didn't remember happening at all, or would go on about how she never meant any harm in anything she did, etc. I never did get either the apologies for certain things I'd love to have had, or even any insight into anything she'd ever done. (She died a few years later).
                  That's what I see with a lot of the people on Intervention. Something happened, the parent failed to be a parent or back up the child or properly care for the child, the child just needs an honest apology, but the parent will not or cannot admit their failure.

And for nausea and motion sickness, use ginger. Ginger tea is great, as well as ginger capsules you can buy at the health food store. They tested ginger and dramamine on test pilots and found that ginger worked much better. I never go on a trip without the capsules. When I was pregnant, I kept ginger tea bags and peppermint tea bags in my purse at all times.
                  Last edited by wagegoth; 03-21-2012, 07:58 PM.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                    So I pretty much ate, slept and watched TV.
                    I fail to see the problem here... ¬_¬

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                    Well in that case, I'm a tea-based life form

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    One of mine harpooned the console TV set speaker with a broom whilst after me.
                    My younger brother once put a large hole in a door by swinging at me with the thick end of a pool cue. I ducked, of course.
                    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                      Only time I ever got airsick was when I was sitting in a Chinook helicopter on the inward-facing seats, and the only view I had was the horizon making very un-horizon-like movements! Having a solid point of reference is a major help for all kinds of motion sickness.
                      o yeah i can understand that. the horizon thing works if you're on the weatherdeck.

inside its a bit different.

Comment

The only yhing they had on the ship with dramamine...and tylenol and at the time i hadn't learned how to take pills. Dramamine was chewable.

Also ginger makes me throw up. I don't get it. >.>

And yeah kansasgal, we can get chocolate and talk about moms.
                        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I was too much younger than my siblings for them to actually attempt to kill me....Only sister is 21 years older, and my brothers are 16, 11, and 9.5 years older.

Although, the youngest brother threw food and swung at me while high on drugs before, but that was nine years ago.

/cough/

Anyways, Kanalah? You are too kind of a person to associate with your mother, but I am glad you and your husband obviously can stick through hard things.

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                            I did not "Forget" bacon...... I was leaving something for others' to bring.....

besides everybody I know likes their bacon differently; I like mine on the border of chewy/crispy, others like theirs chewier, others crispier ......
                            *hauls a giant wheelbarrow full of bacon in*

Dig in everybody!
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

SUCH a relief to see such a good ending; can't believe how much you guys put up with, I'm so amazed at what troopers you were. Glad you ended up enjoying what was left of your honeymoon.
                              And family? Can't live with 'em, premeditated (and even not!) murder is still illegal, but callerID only costs $3 /month & comes free on cellphones
                              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                              What's the difference?
                              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                                *hauls a giant wheelbarrow full of bacon in*

Dig in everybody!
                                My mother has a picture of toddler dalesys, wee hours of the morning, basking in the refrigerator light, chowing down on the fresh fresh bacon.
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X