X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you in line?

This is my first post on the forum .. be nice

So a bunch of friends and I went to a breakfast place last week. The line is usually pretty long. I mean, they have those little line ropes like they have in the bank .. anyways. We were like eight people altogether, and we were all discussing (pretty loudly) what we wanted to order. We were the last group in the line.
    All of a sudden a woman wheeling a double carriage (in the store, no less) comes up and asks me, "So, are you guys in line?" I looked at her and I'm like, "Naa, we're just hanging out here."
    Maybe I shouldn't have been so mean, but considering the fact that the lady and her babies have the combined IQ of about a dead goldfish, I felt I had to give it to her straight.

Oh, I'm not done. What does Mrs. Einstein here do? She starts picking up the rope and trying to squeeze her baby carriage IN FRONT OF US, asking me to "please move out of the way, this store is not a hangout".

Ok, wait for it .... SHE HAD TAKEN MY SARCASTIC RETORT SERIOUSLY!

'Nuff said.

Welcome

SCs are too stupid to get sarcasm. Think Sheldon from Big Bang Theory minus the comedy. I can't keep track of the number of times I try to be sarcastic to a dumb person only to have them take me seriously

Comment

Quoth psycholicious_cxs View Post
      Welcome

SCs are too stupid to get sarcasm. Think Sheldon from Big Bang Theory minus the comedy. I can't keep track of the number of times I try to be sarcastic to a dumb person only to have them take me seriously
      Thank THIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF7Mr...=1&safe=active
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Sheldon popped straight into my mind too, and you even beat me to the sarcasm sign!!!!
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Gords, I have to deal with people at work and a boyfriend whom not only can't understand MY sarcasm (when I use it, I'm more of a slapstick gal myself) and get hurt or confused by it, but are so unbelievably dry with theirs, that they can't wrap their heads around why people don't get their sarcasm is sarcasm and not rude remarks.

Like for instance, my sarcasm would be something like responding to someone who makes a remark about the rainy day, "No way, it's totally sunny out, don't you know." which would warrant eye rolls or a "Did you even look outside?" response from them.

Whereas, their sarcasm is a remark that could be interpreted as really hurtful, and they don't get why people can't differentiate it from regular sarcasm.

Such as, someone says something about how hard my bf works, and he remembers something they said from several months or years ago, throws it back in their face by saying "Yeah, because that time you got me in trouble for talking really proves it!" and that person will kind of think to themselves "wow what a prick" and walk away.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

sounds like she doesn't understand sarcasm.

cos seriously? does she really think people just hang out in line for the fun of it?

Comment

I, personally, am starting to hate any type of sarcasm with a burning passion. Too many times I'll stand there insulted and then I'll get a sneer and asked if I've never heard of sarcasm before. Which not only is another jab to their first remark but it also pisses me off. If I asked a question then I asked a fricken question, I don't care if (general) you thought it was a dumb question just answer it, clear my confusion and be done with it.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                sounds like she doesn't understand sarcasm.

cos seriously? does she really think people just hang out in line for the fun of it?
                It's the line ride from South Park!

Comment

It's not always a stupid question XD. One could think that a large group might actually be a reservation that had already given their name and were just waiting to be seated. It happens alllllll the time here.

Of course, there usually isn't any of those dividing ropes so depending on the spacing, I can definitely see how it could be a stupid question. Especially since she had to pick it up haha.

And it's definitely true that not everyone can understand sarcasm! Use with caution, lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X