Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot tried to complain about me - only I wasn't an employee...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot tried to complain about me - only I wasn't an employee...

The other night, I stopped off at a fast food restaurant for tea between jobs. Grab my meal, sit down and start eating/taking advantage of free WiFi on the phone. There's an older guy at the table next to me who making random/rambling conversation with some of the employees. I think 'oh great, an idiot, better not talk to me'.

Lo and behold, a few minutes later, he tries to start a conversation with me. My back was turned to him, so I just ignored him, playing ignorant (I want to eat my dinner in peace without interruption from the resident nut job). Not taking the hint, he starts banging the chair trying to grab my attention. Again, I don't flinch and continue eating. Then he yells out to one of the employees 'Does he work here?', sounding as if he wanted to lodge a complaint against me for ignoring him. The employee advises me that the guy next to me wants to talk to me. Alright, turn around, give a dismissive, 'hi, yeah going good', which surprisingly shut him down. A couple of minutes later, he leaves, leaving me to enjoy the remnants of my meal in peace.
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

If we had people like that, and not feel comforatble or a customer doesn't, they get kicked out. I don't mind conversation, just not with nut jobs.

Comment

Good thing it wasn't me. Nutjob would've gotten handed his head.

Don't get me wrong; I've had lovely conversations with perfect strangers in every sort of establishment there is. But! You interrupt my meal? BANG ON MY CHAIR to get me to talk to you? Bother the staff because I won't talk to you? Oh, no, sugar. You about to get hurt.

And the employee would probably have gotten a piece of my mind as well. His response to nutjob should have been, "Sir, please leave the other customers alone."

Antisocial? Not me. Anti-impolite, but not anti-social.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
        And the employee would probably have gotten a piece of my mind as well. His response to nutjob should have been, "Sir, please leave the other customers alone."
        Agreed. O.o Why the heck did the employee try to *make* you talk to the guy? That's...weird. That would be like a bouncer at a bar saying "C'mon, just be nice and let this total stranger who's completely skunk-drunk fondle you for a few minutes." instead of throwing him out on his ass.
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I am anti-social and don't want total strangers bothering me especially when I'm trying to eat. I may look timid and easy to intimidate but I soon put that notion out of the head of those who think they have the right to talk to me whether I like it or not.
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

What made that guy think that he was entitled to your company? That you had to respond to him? I agree with Morgana and firecat88, that employee should've told him to leave you alone, or at least gotten a supervisor to.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Sounds like the employee was too scared to tell the guy to shut up Should have been able to.

At least he left soon after, but geez.

Comment

I think I'd consider filing a complaint with a manager, I don't do that often, but having staff actually encourage (by helping) another customer to harrass you? That's just not on.

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                  What made that guy think that he was entitled to your company? That you had to respond to him? I agree with Morgana and firecat88, that employee should've told him to leave you alone, or at least gotten a supervisor to.
                  cos this is CS and ... SCs often think they're entitled.

Comment

A growl, followed by my finest Mr Creosote impression, is all he'd have gotten from me... And anyone who bangs on my chair gets a mouthful too; I have a back injury that means I'm very sensitive to such interactions.
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                      I am anti-social
                      Ditto. Specifically when I'm not being paid to deal with someone.

Talk to me and I don't know you? I'll ignore you.

Escalate it with a dirty remark or sneer and I'll give you a death glare that would give Chuck Norris nightmares.

Touch my chair or in anyway violate my personal space and I'll give you a very clear and very concise, "Fuck off now before I call the cops."

Comment

Working...
                      X