This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think I was sucky

This past Saturday, the ex and I went to Barrel of Crackers for lunch.. I was tremendously thristy. I ordered tea and patiently waited while the server went to another table and stood there and talked to other customers for a bit. She left to get our drinks and their after dinner coffee. She brought the drinks and I chugged my tea, I was parched, even if it was barely sweetened (I'm not overly picky about tea, but I did have to add a pack of sugar to this).

The server dropped off our meals and walked off before I could ask for more tea and corn bread. She kept wandering up to the store part of the restaurant and staying there for 5-10 minutes (I did time her once). She came to see how we were and I asked for more tea and some corn bread, she filled up the tea and went back to the store part. I saw several plates of corn bread leave the kitchen with other servers, my server came back to check on us and I asked for the bread again. She goes to the kitchen for a bit, comes back and says they are out of corn bread and dropped off the check.

I complained to the manager and we got our teas taken off the check and a vow that the server would be talked to. On the way home my stomach growled, I had just eaten and I was already hungry.. If only I had some bread .
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

I do not think you are sucky either. No unreasonable demands, no lines like "Do you know how much I spend here."...you were not even trying!! Not a single request for free food on future visits?
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Sounds like the server needs some serious retraining or permanent assignment to the store side (which she'll probably promptly wander back into the restaurant side).

I can understand if it was hella busy or the server was being hounded by one or more SCs. I've seen days like that and the server is usually tripping over themselves apologizing when they remember what I asked them. But this sounds like the exact sort of situation for a manager. And a reduction in tip. In fact this particular server is probably wondering why she isn't getting as much in tips as her coworkers!
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Twice we've had a bad visit at a Cracker Barrel - once on our way back from Wisconsin (I think it was then. DaDairyDruid may remember better than me). They took almost an hour to get everything out. To be fair it was a holiday, but I'm pretty sure that other people around us got their meals and were out faster than we were that day. It also wasn't a very overly complicated order - it was all breakfast items.

The other was about a year ago at where it's in a more questionable place in town (I won't say what we call it because it might get me into trouble on the board). They have ruebens on their menu now and I really wanted one after having had one at another location we willingly drive to even though it's out of the way.

I got a chicken sandwich thing instead. I was confused and both DaDairyDruid and our friend we were dining with spoke up to say, no that's not what she ordered. The waitress had a really bad attitude and went back to put my order in correctly. I ended up complaining to corporate. I don't remember of it was because the manager didn't seem to do anything or if one didn't want to present themselves (I wasn't feeling too well that day). I ended up with a coupon for 3 free meals, due to how many people we had in our party.

ETA - oh yeah, you weren't sucky. I think after noticing that my request for a refill was being ignored, I'd have flagged down a server for a refill and asked for a manager.
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
        X