This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smiley's glorious return... to public transit

Oh Dear God I had forgotten how bad public transit was at times.

So, my commute to school in the morning is the Blue line to Sandy Civic Center to transfer to the 811, then back up from school do the reverse.
    The 811 is a semi-express service (it switches from offering local and express service at different points along the route, going from north to south, it operates express from Sandy Civic Center to 123rd south where it has a stop, then express service til Lehi where it operates as a local service through Lehi and American Fork, where it then switches into express service again to Orem, where it provides local service between Orem and Provo).
    It is now a daily occurrence to see people chase after the bus in the express zones waiving for him to stop and yelling at the bus... despite the fact that the 811 is not listed on any of the stops in that area (granted, in the section between Sandy and 123rd it used to offer local service, but they discontinued that over 6 months ago).
    On the bus is even worse, because they make announcements when going northbound just before reaching 123rd "This bus does not stop between 123rd and Sandy Civic Center, exit at 123rd to transfer to the 201 for local service" yet every day there are people who pull the request cord between 123rd and Sandy Civic and freak out and even go so far as to threaten the bus driver because he's not stopping.

Also, as a note of the painfully obvious... if neither the route map nor the driver/automated announcement indicates that a stop is a mandatory stop or the end of the line, you have to pull the stop request cord... otherwise, don't bitch when the driver doesn't stop.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

People just don't pay any attention at all, do they?
    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
    X