This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Dressed Up For The Dollar Store

I was shopping with a friend and she wanted to check out the dollar store for a moment. I was perusing the aisles when some women came up to me.

C: Excuse me, could you look for something in the back for me?

Me: No I am sorry I don't work here.

C: Oh but you look so nice. You're too dressed up for the dollar store.

Me: Well thanks

C: Why do you dress up to go to the dollar store?

The last thing I wanted to do was get into a discussion with this woman. I politely excused myself from the lady and rejoined my friend. She was acting like I showed up in a glittery ball gown instead of a button up shirt and slacks.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

I think you've found Debra Jackson!
    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

LOL.

Seriously, maybe some of us like to dress nice when we go out? Granted, I'm really not one of them most of the time. But when we had a dollar store near the theatre, we'd often peruse there before the show, and I would be dressed a bit nicer for the dinner/movie date.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

lmao @ Debra Jackson & above lady.

That's just so random (though apparently not as random as I would think).

Comment

a button up shirt and slacks.
          Well, it beats pink camo pants!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

*looks at her local Walmart* If that's what people call dressed up... I think I'm way overdressed in my t-shirt and jeans.

Huh, the employees at my local dollar store are usually in t-shirts and jeans too. Again, that might be considered "dressed up," in my neck of the woods.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Seriously, maybe some of us like to dress nice when we go out?
              This. Not everyone dresses like a slob. And sometimes the dollar store isn't the only stop.

Comment

I work at a dollar store. If you're completely dressed, you're overdressed. Too many of our customers wear their pajamas and think that's just fine.
                I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

That's why I don't like to do any shopping on my way home from work or during my lunch break, when I'm dressed up. People think I work there. It doesn't seem to happen nearly as much as it used to. I guess somewhere along the line, I stopped giving off the retail vibe, and started giving off the "speak to me and die" vibe.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Perhaps the woman in the opening post felt bad about how she was dressed? And instead of rectifying the problem, she instead blamed it on someone else?
                    Cast in the name of Death, Ye not living.

Comment

I went out to Wally World tonight in a sweatshirt, jeans with a big rip in the knee, and flip flops. And I still felt like I was there in a tuxedo or something.

My local Wally World is special. >_>
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I sometimes shop in PJs. Well, sweats, really. Definitely dressed down. But if I've just come from a walk and have to stop on the way home, well that's life.
                        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I went into my store and my roomies all in one night in Batman PJs cause I was too lazy to get into shorts. I got made fun of by coworkers and one of the managers. But that night, I somehow look too dressed up compared to the customers.

Comment

I'm known to forget stuff and have to go back to Wal-Mart on a Friday afternoon after payday, or on a Sunday evening on my way back home, and on Sunday, I would definetly call myself dressed up.

But yet, even when I go to Wal-Mart in my work smock (which is a man's size and a large tent on me), after working 12 hours and my makeup and hair being a mess, I still think I look more appropriate out in public than most people there.

I go there in my gym clothes sometimes. I am known to run a lot of errands in my gym clothes, and though I'm not one of those people who puts a lot of money into fancy work clothes, I have a few pairs of nice black stretch flairs and some cute strappy tanktops. Still looks pretty fancy compared to everyone in their holey grey sweatpants and oversized Tweety/Grumpy shirts.
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                            X