This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason why you shouldn't let your friend borrow your car

This happened a long time ago, but I still remember it.

One day, my father's friend asked him if he could borrow his car. Not that big a deal, right?

Well, after he returned the car, we learned otherwise.

No, the car wasn't totalled, and no, it wasn't impounded. It was because of what was inside the car.

No, it wasn't drugs, or guns or somebody's dead corpse. It was worse. Much worse.

What was it?

It was ... GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleventy!!!!!!

Yes. My father's friend borrowed his car to haul GARBAGE!!!!

Of course, my father yelled at his friend (good for him!), but it took a year for the stench to go away!

We now have a new, stench-free car, BTW.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

O yuck. that's just nasty.

I once left my car at a former friend's (J) house while i was on leave. He & his partner never touched it except to move it in the driveway if need be.

BUT one of my other friends ("Devil") was almost PISSED that I didn't let HIM hold it for me. ... course I had also been given a head's up that Devil had been talking about going across country to see his mom. And that J had called Devil out on it, asking if he was planning to do this trip in my car. Devil apparently got really quiet then... (yeah i see what you were planning you ass).

these days with my current car... wouldn't loan it to anyone. except my bf cos it's him. and he takes better care of things than i do anyway.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 04-15-2012, 04:04 AM.

Comment

A friend of mine got a car totalled due to lending it to a friend. Not the way you would expect though.

She let him drive it home after a night out. He parked it up and gave her back the keys. Two days later she puts her kid in the car seat in the back. Realises the seat is in the wrong position from the friend driving it and starts the car (from the outside) to adjust with the electronic seat. (Yes, silly and could have just switched it to the accessory position).

Friend had left it in gear rather than neutral, with the handbrake off. Friend hadn't told her this. Car jumps forward and rockets out of the drive, through the opposite house's fence and into the neighbours porch.

Luckily kid was OK, neighbours house wasn't badly damaged. However the car needed about £6k worth of work and got written off. Ouch.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
      X