X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Uni Students

Two driving sucks, one people suck.

Quick background: the university campus consists of Small Campus, which takes the nursing, paramedic, disability and creative arts people, and Big Campus, which takes everything else. Both of them are on the same grounds.

See the pretty thing on the ground?

This story comes from my sister, who is studying almost the same degree as me, except that she's doing the undergrad version (which is four years and a double degree). Half of her classes are on Small Campus. Most of the parking on Small Campus requires you to follow an arrow around a specific path, to keep the flow going. One particular day when she was coming OUT of the carpark, she almost got hit by someone who was coming in the wrong way. He then had the audacity to get pissy about it as she was driving past. -.-

Does that look like a park?

This morning I had to park in one of the metered bays on Big Campus, due to a lack of available parks where I normally park. Eh, no problem, I only have one class anyway.
    Head towards the stairs and I discover that some idiot has parked in the space where the entrance to the stairs are located, making it almost impossible for someone to squeeze in or out of the area.
    I forsee a ticket soon (that particular carpark is notorious for getting tickets, because ALL the parks there are metered and people think that either a) they can get away with it because they have a year permit (despite the fact that it clearly says that those permits are NOT VALID in this particular carpark) or b) they can stack tickets and somehow that makes it ok (because they're short-term spaces, you can't do that!)

Yes, that's why it's so fancy...

Coming out of the building for my classes, two jersey-shore lookalikes asked me this gem:

SG: Stupid Girls.
    Me:

SG: Is this the education building?
    Me: *silent facepalm* Yes it's the education building.
    SG: Why is it so fancy?
    Me: (thinking they're law students) Because it was the most recently built.

Seriously, they do actually go through ALLLLL of this stuff during O-Week. Including the fact that the building is new, what it is and so on.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Quoth fireheart View Post
    Most of the parking on Small Campus requires you to follow an arrow around a specific path, to keep the flow going. One particular day when she was coming OUT of the carpark, she almost got hit by someone who was coming in the wrong way. He then had the audacity to get pissy about it as she was driving past. -.-
    The parking garage I use is one way. There are signs overhead. There are giant arrows on the floor. Parts of each level are only wide enough for one car. But at least a couple of times a month some idiot will come around a corner going the wrong way, then be just as pissy because I make them wait. F**k you, I can read and follow directions, so I get the right of way.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
      The parking garage I use is one way. There are signs overhead. There are giant arrows on the floor. Parts of each level are only wide enough for one car. But at least a couple of times a month some idiot will come around a corner going the wrong way, then be just as pissy because I make them wait. F**k you, I can read and follow directions, so I get the right of way.
      Where are those direction-enforcing "Severe tire damage - do not enter" devices when you need them?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        One particular day when she was coming OUT of the carpark, she almost got hit by someone who was coming in the wrong way. He then had the audacity to get pissy about it as she was driving past. -.-
        Reminds me of an old Reader's Digest story I once read.

Similar situation. Wrong-way driver gets mad and yells, "Hey! Get out of my way! I don't back up for idiots!"

Right-way driver, who submitted the story, smiles and replies, "That's okay. I do."
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Working...
        X